Daily Drinking Thread DDT :::10/25/13::: Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had people over, still drunk now.
We drank until about 4 A.M.
Things consumed:
  • 2 Pliny the Elders while frolfing (straight from the bottle you pussies)
  • Growler of Muffin Top from Dad's and Dudes
  • 1 Bridgeport Sampler
  • 1 NB Folly Pack
  • 1 Magic Hat
  • 12-pack of Dales
  • 4 pack of Upslope Pumpkin Ale
  • Maybe PBR...
Having another Giddyup as my morning pick-me-up

1390509_575332469186749_763532265_n.jpg

Frying deer steak and enjoying this one.

Big day for me today. Wife is being induced later and we are having our first child tonight!

I've got a break now for lunch, figured I'd drink a beer to celebrate.

1jPBudR.jpg

Will dig into the stash later and drink something special after the baby is born.

Cheers!
hell yea!! congrats bro! our sons one week today and all i can say is get ready for the worst sleep schedule ever!! its worth it though.;)

but seriously though.. what number baby is this for the community this month?? 4? 5? maybe 6???

hell yea!! congrats bro! our sons one week today and all i can say is get ready for the worst sleep schedule ever!! its worth it though.;)

but seriously though.. what number baby is this for the community this month?? 4? 5? maybe 6???

Thanks! You mean my wife's sleep schedule is going to be screwed up right? :rolleyes:

You are right, something is in the beer, because there have been lots of posts about babies lately.

Thanks! You mean my wife's sleep schedule is going to be screwed up right? :rolleyes:

You are right, something is in the beer, because there have been lots of posts about babies lately.

You won't have to worry about one from me. One and done for my wife and I. But congrats to you and all the other BT'ers having kids.

Drank one of those shitty kentucky bourbon stouts. So glad that **** is finally out of my house. What a waste of money, super srs. Willnotbangagain/0.5

Drank one of those shitty kentucky bourbon stouts. So glad that **** is finally out of my house. What a waste of money, super srs. Willnotbangagain/0.5
Your blueberry melomel is going down tonight. Have to take my kid to a scout Halloween party and that will be my reward for not choking all the little shits out.

Your blueberry melomel is going down tonight. Have to take my kid to a scout Halloween party and that will be my reward for not choking all the little shits out.
He sent you one too? WTF TomTwanks ? I thought I was the only one to get one? I thought I was special?

Really tho, its good stuff. Drinks like 5% abv when its really almost quadruple that.

Hill Farmstead Belgian collaboration duel

Blaugies / Hill Farmstead - La Vermontiose

88n2.jpg

Insane mousse foam with a gentle pour and head retention for days.

p1ur.jpg

vs.

Fantome / Hill Farmstead - Five Sciences

vi08.jpg

They are actually quite similar beers. They both had an aroma that reminded me of being in my favorite bong shop. It was like a blend of incense, nag champa, sandalwood and patchouli minus the stinky hippy behind the counter.

The Fantome beer was FLAWLESS. Zero notes of band aids, smoke or plastic. It was from batch two. Plenty of off flavors are noted in the reviews. This batch is a good one.

However, Blaugies wins this battle. It was slightly drier, a bit more tart and had a nice orange zest quality to it.

the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale or whatever it's called is even worse. I wish that brewery would just stop altogether and give all their bottling stuff to Country Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back