Brewery Society Roundup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahnatenelson

Reaction score
It's getting to the point where there are too many brewery membership programs to keep track.
  • Lost Abbey Sinners/Saints Clubs (defunct)
  • Bruery Preservation/Reserve/Hoarders Societies
  • Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Society
  • Night Shift Barrel Society
  • Jackie O's STAFF
  • Cigar City El Catador Club
  • Funky Buddha Founders Club
  • J Wakefield OG's
  • Rare Barrel Founders Society
  • De Garde Keepers
  • Pelican Beer Club
...Did I miss any?

Last edited:
Hill Farmstead Collected Works

edit: happened for 2013, not 100% sure if it will continue

I considered adding that to the list, but it seemed like Shaun was planning to potentially have multiple collected works packages in a given year. Not quite like the others.

Heard Jester King is working on one

Or rather: the brewer made an off-the-cuff remark on BeerAdvocate immediately after their Funk'n Sour Fest 'with bottles' tickets sold out in 2min and TX was freaking out.

Edit: Golf clap for all the TX BA's who have painstakingly specified the particulars of this theoretical membership as well as who Jester King is allowed to let join.

Does Pipeworks' Friends with Benefits count? I know it's closed to new members but they did talk about a new plan to get free money tier called Sloppy Seconds (ugh).

I wouldn't count it. It was payment (via Kickstarter) for a guarantee to never be shut out of a release.

Or rather: the brewer made an off-the-cuff remark on BeerAdvocate immediately after their Funk'n Sour Fest 'with bottles' tickets sold out in 2min and TX was freaking out.

Edit: Golf clap for all the TX BA's who have painstakingly specified the particulars of this theoretical membership as well as who Jester King is allowed to let join.
So much entitlement in that thread. Probably no one interested in sharing the beer just trying to have trade bait.

This way, I coudl buy extra and sell them to pay for my membership.

Glad to see TX following in the footsteps of the Floridians

So much entitlement in that thread. Probably no one interested in sharing the beer just trying to have trade bait.

Glad to see TX following in the footsteps of the Floridians

I think the bruery started the whole selling extra allocations to pay for your membership. eBay used to be littered with multiple pages of their beers.

That thread is also ridiculous. Most beer people in Texas are about 2 years behind all the other big beer states. A lot of comments were tongue in cheek and aimed at trolling as well.

I think the bruery started the whole selling extra allocations to pay for your membership. eBay used to be littered with multiple pages of their beers.

That thread is also ridiculous. Most beer people in Texas are about 2 years behind all the other big beer states. A lot of comments were tongue in cheek and aimed at trolling as well.
I stopped clicking on that thread. Made my head hurt after a while.

Well in about 2 hours and 13 minutes you can add The Rare Barrel to your list

...wait, 2 hours and 12 minutes

Well in about 2 hours and 13 minutes you can add The Rare Barrel to your list

...wait, 2 hours and 12 minutes
I know they're new, but can anyone vouch for their beers? I'm interested, but $300 is a tough pill to swallow for an unknown.

I know they're new, but can anyone vouch for their beers? I'm interested, but $300 is a tough pill to swallow for an unknown.

I think most people are banking on Jay Goodwin's previous experience as Brewer and Head of Barrel Aging for The Bruery.

No idea tbh. I checked out an old thread on BA and someone said they had a sample from the barrel and it was fantastic. I think it is a slightly better price point than the current Bruery set up. With theirs you get 10 beers and with the Bruery you get 9 (and then obviosuly the chance to buy other releases)

Im debating on joining and also searching for a possible trustee.

Dear Staff Members,

We're proud to announce the official date of our December bottle sale and 8th Anniversary Extravaganza - Saturday, December 14th, 2013.

Keep an eye on the Jackie O's blog for info about the beers that will be available!

On another note, we have made the decision to not continue the Staff beer club for 2014, for many reasons. To quote Brad Clark, our beloved Brewmaster:

"The STAFF decision was nothing negative. We just felt that we struggle facilitating the program and would fare better focusing on more releases and larger quantities of all beers released. There are going to be some continued incentives for current STAFF members as a thank you for your support and a nod to those who have been beside us through a big expansion/stressful period of growth. It is going to be nice for all, trust me."

The first perk of being a Staff member is that we will maintain this email address as a portal for our biggest supporters to contact Jackie O's with inquiries regarding upcoming events, beer availability and other general questions.

All remaining 2013 Staff beers besides those already available will be ready for pickup beginning at the anniversary sale on December 14th.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you in December!

Sarah
Administrative Asst./Staff coordinator

Hill Farmstead Collected Works

edit: happened for 2013, not 100% sure if it will continue

Confirmed as NOT defunct but it's certainly not what I'd consider ongoing as the first round was labeled "Summer 2013" I think as there will be "editions" of it offered. It's still a thing, I don't know when the next round is, nor do I know any thing other than it's going to happen again.

Presuming Upland doesn't nix the whole thing, I'd still keep it off this list. It's a Kickstarter marketed as a subscription service/membership/whatever.

ya fo sho... i meant "go ahead and remove it", though i'm not sure if it was ever on the list or not.

'cause when i first heard about it i was all like:
angry-dance.gif

but then i read it and was all like:
disappointed.gif

Then i got on here and my 'noos was puckered at Upland, and wanted to tell Caleb to:
KgoIF.gif

but now i'm mostly like:
life-goes-on-lebowski.gif

Back