Gene's in Louisville

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene1

Just happy to be here
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in Louisville. The others are coming tomorrow and Friday for our Four Roses single barrel tasting, but for tonight and tomorrow during the day, I'm flying solo. Do we have any TB'ers in this town? I did a search and mjpotter seems to be the only one to talk about Louisville at all.

Hi guys. I'm in Louisville. The others are coming tomorrow and Friday for our Four Roses single barrel tasting, but for tonight and tomorrow during the day, I'm flying solo. Do we have any TB'ers in this town? I did a search and mjpotter seems to be the only one to talk about Louisville at all.
I don't live in KY anymore so I can't meet up, but if you're looking for places to go, Holy Grale is a must. Great beer list, generally more Belgian/European, and a life changing burger. Best beer selection is at Sergio's World of Beer. Also probably the most unique place you'll ever go. His website will have an up to date draft list and he's got literally thousands of bottles including things like Loons. Another place worth mentioning is Against the Grain Brewing. Their brewery is actually a brewpub with pretty good BBQ (get the pork belly app).

As far as stores, Louisville Beer Store (owned by the same people as Holy Grale) is a great store near downtown. It's a smallish bottle shop with slightly inflated prices, but worth it for the selection. As for other stores, the best one is probably the Liquor Barn east of Louisville. There are several locations, but the one east of like St. Mathews area is the better one.

Anything else you want to know, say the word!

Edit: Louisville is a great beer city for its size. It's up and coming quite a bit.

Any other time and I would be in Louisville.

Do:
Sergio's World of Beers and tell Sergio Tyler says hi
Louisville Beer Store
Holy Grale
Blue Dog Bakery for breakfast/lunch
El Taco Luchador for the "pork rinds" tacos
Game/Hillbilly Tea/DKD/Hammerheads/Harvest for dinner
Bardstown Road has every awesome mom n pop shop you could want
Nachbar for an end of the night beer or 4

I kept this beer centric... But could tangent.

Edit: I really miss Louisville.

Gene, I live here in Louisville. Second mjpotter's recommendation on the Holy Grale and Louisville Beer store. Both two of my favorite places on town.

Unfortunately I have priors tonight and work tomorrow during the day, but if y'all have any sort of get together tomorrow or Friday night I'd love to join.

Any other time and I would be in Louisville.

Do:
Sergio's World of Beers and tell Sergio Tyler says hi
Louisville Beer Store
Holy Grale
Blue Dog Bakery for breakfast/lunch
El Taco Luchador for the "pork rinds" tacos
Game/Hillbilly Tea/DKD/Hammerheads/Harvest for dinner
Bardstown Road has every awesome mom n pop shop you could want
Nachbar for an end of the night beer or 4

I kept this beer centric... But could tangent.

Edit: I really miss Louisville.
Totally forgot about Hammerheads, that's another great restaurant with a small but usually solid taplist. They've got some unique game burgers that are pretty solid.

I figured I'd walk to Taco Luchador before heading over to Sergio's. This was a great decision.

Back