Please fund this guy's beercation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Reaction score
http://www.trevolta.com/travels/From-Kentucky-to-Belgium-My-Brewery-8034

This guy is traveling from Kentucky to Belgium on your dime, where he will learn the secrets of lambik-making. He will then start his own brewery in Kentucky, specializing in lembiek.

You can get in on the ground floor by reserving two bottles of l'ambique for only $150.

I'm going to **** myself if I keep laughing. BA did this 10 years ago.

kfc-o.gif

Since the time you posted this link he's already got two backers. Which of you is already excited for your Turtle Ridge beers?

Also, my favorite part of the write-up: Lambic brewers use "techniques as old as the hills." This guy's a trip.

Since the time you posted this link he's already got two backers. Which of you is already excited for your Turtle Ridge beers?

Well, looks like dontdrinkbeer was wrong.

http://dontdrinkbeer.com/2014/01/02...-are-a-panhandler-with-a-kickstarter-account/

You Are Not a Brewer, You Are a Panhandler with a Kickstarter Account.

One thing about beer nerds though, they have excellently calibrated ******** detectors. You may beguile them into paying $250.00 for a Reserve Society that promises 2 glasses and a plaque, but even the sloppiest mantits will not pony up money FOR BEER THAT DOESN’T EVEN ****ING EXIST.

Apparently two idiots will.

<picture of me pouring walzz (Bus preferred)> CHECK
<google images of rural landscapes> CHECK
<google images of breweries and brewing equipment> CHECK
<incredibly dumb narrative of how much more I care about beer than you> DOUBLE CHECK!

Forget funding, I'm starting up one of these myself!

<picture of me pouring walzz (Bus preferred)> CHECK
<google images of rural landscapes> CHECK
<google images of breweries and brewing equipment> CHECK
<incredibly dumb narrative of how much more I care about beer than you> DOUBLE CHECK!

Forget funding, I'm starting up one of these myself!

Joel66 should use this as an attempt to raise the funds for a bottle of Mozart for that tasting that's apparently going to be covered in a magazine.

"I have made a similar journey to the Northeast United States, an area I consider to be very important to the world of spontaneous beer. I know many people, and I fully intend to meet many more."

While we're on the subject, I'm planning a similar journey to Oregon from Jan. 30-Feb. 2nd. During this journey, I intend to visit degardebrewing in Tillamook, an area I consider to be very important to the world of spontaneous beer. I know many people, and I fully intend to meet at least a couple more. $30 funds my ZipCar, and I'm guessing another $30 should cover our gas. Here's a mockup of the beer I intend to never produce:

You can get in on the ground floor by reserving two bottles of l'ambique for only $150.

To be fair, I'm reading that as you get 2 bottles of his own blended lambic that he's going to blend next summer while in Belgium (I'm assuming from the typical lambic producers), not "lambic" that he's going to brew back in Kentucky.

Still ridiculous? Yes.

Guy's name is Tyler Mains. I don't know if he's over here, but he was on BA (tylermains).
Hahaha. Yes. I remember him indeed. He had the Edmund Fitzgerald avatar. Even more remarkable than me remembering his avatar is me remembering some of the ******* **** he said over there.

Good on him. I hope he gets to go to Belgium. Maybe he'll run into the Alstroms over there. Like in a car accident.

what???? He does not have Australia on his list??? Better beaches, night life, the shopping, the street food, safe pubs in the CBD and two lambic producers in Australia. He needs to visit Red Oak in the Sydney CBD and 2 meter tall in Tasmania. Most of all it is fracking summer here.

I usually try not to make fun of stuff like this, but oh dear lord he has already started with the esoteric, vaguely philosophical beer titles for his not yet existent beers.

1388621572_52c4af0487bb2_image_(2).jpeg

"When a Man is Finding"

Really?

Really?
This is the beer I dream of sharing with a man who is finding.

"I have made a similar journey to the Northeast United States, an area I consider to be very important to the world of spontaneous beer. I know many people, and I fully intend to meet many more."

While we're on the subject, I'm planning a similar journey to Oregon from Jan. 30-Feb. 2nd. During this journey, I intend to visit degardebrewing in Tillamook, an area I consider to be very important to the world of spontaneous beer. I know many people, and I fully intend to meet at least a couple more. $30 funds my ZipCar, and I'm guessing another $30 should cover our gas. Here's a mockup of the beer I intend to never produce:

I will contribute $30 in high-fives to your endeavor. I'm sure those are easily converted into Zip Fuel.

We also promise to give you zero worthwhile information and possibly be intoxicated upon your arrival.

This was the guy trying to clone BCBS or Black Tuesday in the homebrew section of BA. Never really interacted with this guy, but FFS, fund your own goddamn vacation. I can only imagine that when he returns he will ask that we fund his upcoming brewery as well.

I should have kickstarter'd my wedding. 'A 7"x10", hand-signed, black and white photo of my bride and I - free to anyone who contributes 150$ to our everlasting love!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back