1995ish? Rodenbach (Pre-palm bottles)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think the oldest I had was an early 90's Alexander at some point earlier this year or late last.

It was impressive....and save for Vin de Cereale, I'm not really huge fan of Rodenbach.

Anyone drink any of these lately?

Looking at you claaark13 Thorpe429 jedwards Knifestyles

Not nearly that old, but I had a bottle of Vin de Cereal around Thanksgiving and it was not particularly good. It's unfortunate that those bottles are so hit or miss. Other than that, when I last had a Rodenbach Alexander (last summer), it was phenomenal. Not sure what the vintage was on it. And since it's you, stakem, here's a picture (and don't worry, I feel immense shame for not having an actual Alexander glass):

617f1cec5abc5677c3091bc84d19f615_640x640.jpg

I had a late 80s Grand Cru earlier this year and it was pretty great, surprisingly bright for the age and very little acetic flavor. Going to do a Rodenbach tasting of some kind next year and should have a few more data points then...

A few bottles of 1984 Rodenbach popped up on BiaB (I think... could have been Etre) one day a few months back. I snagged a few. Only opened one so far, but it was exceptional. Would never have known it was 30 years old.

I grabbed a few of those. Of the three I tried, one was really good, but the other two were all cardboard. Still undeniably Rodenbach though.

Bumping this in the hopes that some different eyes catch a glimpse and can chime in. My google searching failed to really pinpoint this as even being in the correct timeframe.

Did I mention its a magnum bottle? I suppose I could cross my fingers and pull back the foil hoping to see a date stamp on the cork, but I doubt its there.

DEEC0E24-9724-4A2B-95F1-A0E508F5CB16-2320-0000019370750060_zps92d42976.jpg

Back