1st Annual SdL Club Sour/Wild Beer Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcubed1

Reaction score
Short notice, but I'm running a sour/wild beer competition for my homebrew club that is open to anyone around the country. If you have any beer laying around or can pull off a quick sour, here's a link to the competition website: sdlcomp.societyofbarleyengineers.org

I plan to do again the same time next year so consider this a heads up for anyone that wants to plan far in advance. We hope to get some quality BJCP judges and professional brewers to help with judging.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How many bottles (what size?)? Can I just hand you bottles and not fill out any forms?

Depends on size, one 750ml or two 12oz/375ml bottles. Even a bomber should work.

I'll need bottle labels for check-in. Everything has to go through the competition software so I can keep track of what beer is what, who made it, and what score they got.

I doubt I will be able to drop off bottles as leaving Point Loma is hard. Plus the ones I would like to enter are a berliner and lambic, which are under the same category which I find very confusing. At the very least, shouldn't a berliner and a gose be in the same grouping?

I doubt I will be able to drop off bottles as leaving Point Loma is hard. Plus the ones I would like to enter are a berliner and lambic, which are under the same category which I find very confusing. At the very least, shouldn't a berliner and a gose be in the same grouping?

So I didn’t have time to do it this year but I’m hoping next year will have custom categories and it will make better sense.

Ended up with 63 paid entries. I'm learning a lot from this already so next year will be different. Hopefully we will have the PayPal situation fixed and likely the competition will be late Septermber or early October. And I'll have a better outline of categories and subcategories that make more sense.

Back