2014 Bourbon County Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Let's have a thread devoted solely to this nationwide neckbeard **** show. Use this to post stories from the field, links to amusing whining on other channels, dick swinging haul pics, and anything else related to Anheuser Busch's latest release.

Actual useful information (reviews, prices, bottle counts, etc.) is also welcome, but lower priority.

I'm looking forward to not dealing with any Black Friday shenanigans. I anticipate winding up with a few four packs for regular, coffee, BW, 2-3 Vanilla's. I do NOT think it's going to be as bad (in NYC) as people are expecting. I can't wait to sit at work on Friday and read this thread all day. It's going to be ****ing hilarious

edit: and if I don't get anything? zero fuxx given. I'm sure I have plenty of friends here that will share a bottle or two with me

The beer wasteland (#winkemoticon) of Vermont got only regular BCBS last year. I'm hoping we see some variety this year, but I'm not counting on it. I don't see much Goose Island stuff around in Vermont and I know at my local beer store the regular GI stuff doesn't exactly fly off the shelves. Plus, in '12 we only got Cherry Rye and missed out on Coffee. If Vanilla Rye somehow shows up, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I have no idea what AB-Inbev has instore for my AB-Inbev controlled distro area. Last year it was 6 cases of BCBS and some coffee and barleywine trickled out later. I already have an FT list made up so I can post on Friday so I can get the bombers and more coffee and Barleywine.

I'll be in Houston this year. They are having an enormous release with all the variants and a huge cellar release as well with a bunch of vintage and limited stuff. It's going to be an absolute ******** though. Embarrassed to say that I may be getting in line at 6am for this ****, but it'll still probably be less hassle than trying to trade for everything.

NY (at least Upstate) is only getting Reg and BW, same as last year. Picking up my regular tomorrow. Need dem variants doe.

I'll be in Houston this year. They are having an enormous release with all the variants and a huge cellar release as well with a bunch of vintage and limited stuff. It's going to be an absolute ******** though. Embarrassed to say that I may be getting in line at 6am for this ****, but it'll still probably be less hassle than trying to trade for everything.

also in houston... and.... 6am? goddamnit.

also in houston... and.... 6am? goddamnit.
The line started a little earlier than that last year, and I think it's going to be much worse than last year because they are going to have all of the variants instead of just regular BCBS, plus the craft beer hype train has only gotten stronger in the last year.

I just went to a bar because I saw they had BCBCS '13... and it was $10 for an 8 oz pour. Goddamnit! Hopefully I'll get some cheaper ones on Friday. JulianB don't you already have a ton of 2014 BCS??

Because I am fat, stupid, ignorant, and fat I will be driving out to Chicago with a few buddys and getting in line at Binnys with the rest of my neckbeard brethern for beer.

The downward spiral of my life takes another sharp turn towards complete and total dipshittery.

Pray for me.

tumblr_mkprdoZ2cC1s40g3oo1_400.png

Because I am fat, stupid, ignorant, and fat I will be driving out to Chicago with a few buddys and getting in line at Binnys with the rest of my neckbeard brethern for beer.

The downward spiral of my life takes another sharp turn towards complete and total dipshittery.

Pray for me.

I will pray only for your death. Also I'll be drinking a few hundred feet away and may be along to point and laugh a few times.

I'm a little confused. Are most states releasing it on Black Friday? I already see some people have it.
Stores should be holding their stock to release on Friday, but word is a couple markets have put it on the floor early.

I know a Whole Foods in Long Beach, CA released packs of the Barleywine early on the floor.

I'm not going to go as crazy this year as I did in years past. The only thing I really want is Vanilla. I've already written off ever seeing a bottle of Prop IRL, much less drinking one, and I'll just hunt for a bottle of the rest.

Pray for me.

So much disappoint.

I'll take a Vanilla plz.

Not srs.

Srs. I send you beers and stuff.

LYMI

I'm a little confused. Are most states releasing it on Black Friday? I already see some people have it.

GI doesn't want it sold anywhere until Friday. I'm getting a case of it tomorrow and I was told that if I sell any of it before Friday I can plan on never receiving any future releases. Sounds like some retailers don't give a **** about the "GI BCBS" police.

Having had this year's proprietors and vanilla already, neither are worth more than regular $ per volume IMO. Personally I think regular and coffee are better as well. I wouldn't even order a few ounces of this year's proprietors let alone pay anything for a bottle. I'd surely give a bottle away before electing to open one. YMMV, most other people at FOBAB were chapping their lips sucking this beer's dick o_O

Last edited:
Anyone have MSRP on Vanilla Rye and Proprietor's? Trying to figure out in what ways I'll have to prostrate myself on the trade boards.
From GI's largest account, the variants MSRP's are 26.99 this year.

How much were your 4 packs Julian?

Back