2014 Sante Adairius Cellar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signups for what? Was this a membership society/club/whatever you may call it that was offered to people a while back that was referenced in another thread on here? Did not know they were doing separate cellar releases from their normal sporadic releases. PM is fine if you want to give me the deets.

Last edited:
Signups for what? Was this a membership society/club/whatever you may call it that was offered to people a while back that was referenced in another thread on here? Did not know they were doing separate cellar releases from their normal sporadic releases. PM is fine if you want to give me the deets.
It was referenced to in this thread. Basically it's an invite only 150 member society. No one mentioned it publicly for whatever reason. Releases are separate from their normal sporadic releases.

I've probably already said too much

5NeX1Gv.jpg

I adhered to the fight club rules until it was mentioned. Now that the cats out the bag, figured we should have a thread here since I know at least a couple members don't have FB
Did it really matter though if it was [EDIT Stupid autocorrect] invite only? Sure, there probably would have been some butt-hurt people, but don't really see the point in keeping it so quiet.

Last edited:
its really small, as johnnyramirez pointed out capped at 150 people and invite only. tim and adair seemed to want to keep it quiet/word of mouth which is surely why most of us who are in it havent been talking it up.

super excited about it.

folks i know who are in: dontdrinkbeer, rmaste6282 - i think i saw cfrances33 on the memberlist as well

Did it really matter though if it was in its only? Sure, there probably would have been some butt-hurt people, but don't really see the point in keeping it so quiet.
I'm going to guess it was to prevent Adair from having to deal with torrents of people begging to get in.

oh also, i asked adair about purchasing supplemental non-club only beers and she said that there will be square links to do so when theyre available and that they can hold those beers with your club allocation for pickup within the designated window (which i think is from one release to the next).

ill be making the drive up in early-mid feb to pick up the first club beer and whatever else ive managed to get. would be cool to meet up with some fellow cellar members/norcal tb'ers

ill be making the drive up in early-mid feb to pick up the first club beer and whatever else ive managed to get. would be cool to meet up with some fellow cellar members/norcal tb'ers

In the future, I'm sure people would trustee for you in exchange for, say, Alpine.

In the future, I'm sure people would trustee for you in exchange for, say, Alpine.

oh yeah i have a guy who is fine to trustee and will surely use him a couple times this year. but i work from home and its not a big thing to just head up north 5-6 times in 2014

johnnyramirez - could you update OP with a memberlist please?
I'll update tonight when I get home and not on my phone.
oh also, i asked adair about purchasing supplemental non-club only beers and she said that there will be square links to do so when theyre available and that they can hold those beers with your club allocation for pickup within the designated window (which i think is from one release to the next).
So are we getting the right to purchase 1 of each of their general releases this year? I thought it was 1 of each of the 6 gen releases included in the membership?

I'm going to guess it was to prevent Adair from having to deal with torrents of people begging to get in.

This.

And I'm pretty sure the original idea behind the membership was to reward the locals and regulars who have been supporting them from the beginning. They made a list of said people, then asked others who they thought should be on there, and filled it out from there.

So are we getting the right to purchase 1 of each of their general releases this year? I thought it was 1 of each of the 6 gen releases included in the membership?

this remains unclear to me also but i guess we'll see. if you look on their square now you can see a bunch of "regular" sara beers listed which will seemingly be available to buy online at some point.

Yes, you get the option to purchase one extra bottle of the 6 general releases that are included in the membership. And then one bottle of each of the club exclusive beers -- no option to buy any additional.

And I'm pretty sure the original idea behind the membership was to reward the locals and regulars who have been supporting them from the beginning. They made a list of said people, then asked others who they thought should be on there, and filled it out from there.

Well, that explains how they figured out my [fake] FB account. We were wondering about that recently.

I am overdue for a trip down there, as soon as I make some room in the fridge...

Just a quick reminder to anyone who hasn't paid yet that the deadline is tomorrow...

Yes, you get the option to purchase one extra bottle of the 6 general releases that are included in the membership. And then one bottle of each of the club exclusive beers -- no option to buy any additional.

Not a cellar member, but are the plans to do 6 releases to the general public over the next year. Or stick with releasing a beer every few weeks when it appears ready like in FY13? I liked last year when bottle releases just sort of happened, and you did not not know until the day of.

Not a cellar member, but are the plans to do 6 releases to the general public over the next year. Or stick with releasing a beer every few weeks when it appears ready like in FY13? I liked last year when bottle releases just sort of happened, and you did not not know until the day of.
From what I've heard it's gonna stay the same as last year and be relatively sporadic with the exception of the cellar beers which they'll let us know when they release

Anyone wanna give more details? How much was it? What perks are there, exactly?

Anyone wanna give more details? How much was it? What perks are there, exactly?
$250+tax limited to 150 members, invite only.

12 beers released through the year(6 exclusive members only beers, 6 general releases). Also get the right to purchase an extra of each of the general releases. Plus a cellar reserve tshirt and the tears of the haters

Last edited:
$250+tax limited to 150 members, invite only.

12 beers released through the year(6 exclusive members only beers, 6 general releases). Also get the right to purchase an extra of each of the general releases. Plus a cellar reserve tshirt and the tears of the haters

ISO: Tears of Haters + FT: Tears of LOVERS ;) ;)

I am really excited for more regular SARA bottles as I moved away from Santa Cruz.

So are they announcing the cellar bottles as they release them? Or do they not publicize them? Just curious because it'd be nice to know what they're brewing!

The first is a rum barrel aged triple with peaches. The problem with knowing what they are is that I don't think many of the members are at all interested in trading them as they only get one and there is no option for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back