2014 Westly vs. 2015?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCurtin90

Reaction score
Anyone lucky enough to have both recently? I have a 2015 that I have cellared but I'm wondering if I should drink it sooner rather than later.

I presume you are referring to Westvleteren 12. I have a couple of crates of the 2015 (bought in April 2015). Had one a few weeks ago and in my opinion it's still a little rough around the edges. Had it side by side with a 2012 which was very good (much more mellow with dark fruits, sherry etc.)

I presume you are referring to Westvleteren 12. I have a couple of crates of the 2015 (bought in April 2015). Had one a few weeks ago and in my opinion it's still a little rough around the edges. Had it side by side with a 2012 which was very good (much more mellow with dark fruits, sherry etc.)

No -- referring to Westly from Sante Adairius Rustic Ales in California, but thank you very much for the info on Westvleteren 12! I have a couple of those and was wondering if I should age them.

No -- referring to Westly from Sante Adairius Rustic Ales in California, but thank you very much for the info on Westvleteren 12! I have a couple of those and was wondering if I should age them.
Aged Westy is the best. Aged Westly is not the best. It won't hurt it to age for a little bit, but in general I don't want to sit on fruited SARA beers for more than ~6 months. Opinions on this vary, though.

B1 of Westly was FAR SUPERIOR to B2 in my opinion. But I am sure B1 isn't really drinking as great as it once was.

Back