2015 FWIBF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt like an ******* hitting refresh for 15 straight minutes on two devices. That feeling ended quickly when I got those damn tickets in my cart.

Got my tickets on a last second decision. Anyone know of hotels that still have availability?

Yeah, I was worried about eventbrite's page for a second there but it bounced back and finished the job. Got my two tickets.

That sold out really fast.

I really hope they slow down the special pours at every tent. 50% of the beers I wanted to try on the early entry were poured during the event while other beers were being poured.

Got my tickets on a last second decision. Anyone know of hotels that still have availability?
I'm pretty sure the Adelaide is booked up. Motel 6 may have a few rooms left and it's just about as close. Otherwise there are other spots in the area but it may take some walking or driving. Folks will be grabbing available rooms up pretty quickly.

Actually, any motel close by sold out the day the the event was announced. There are a coupke that are withing decent driving distance i think but good luck.

I really hope they slow down the special pours at every tent. 50% of the beers I wanted to try on the early entry were poured during the event while other beers were being poured.
that's just part of the festival experience - having to make hard decisions on where to spend your line time. imagine all the breweries trying to coordinate logistics around who pours what, and when. it's just beer though - it'll be fine :)

that's just part of the festival experience - having to make hard decisions on where to spend your line time. imagine all the breweries trying to coordinate logistics around who pours what, and when. it's just beer though - it'll be fine :)

Yes, in theory thats true. And I am cool with that notion when special pours are beers that weren't announced as being poured upfront. Almost like they're special surprises you have to pick and choose. But last year many of the announced beers were only being poured at timed releases. Makes the point of Early Entry moot and frustrating.

Also, I got Early Entry again.

Yes, in theory thats true. And I am cool with that notion when special pours are beers that weren't announced as being poured upfront. Almost like they're special surprises you have to pick and choose. But last year many of the announced beers were only being poured at timed releases. Makes the point of Early Entry moot and frustrating.

Also, I got Early Entry again.
I can see that from an early entry perspective. fair point.

Without knowing about availability here are hotels I know of within the area aka Walkable
Motel 6
Adelaide Inn
Best Western
Holiday Inn Express

I can see that from an early entry perspective. fair point.
That is what I meant also. The special pours that weren't announced are fine, but to say you are pouring a beer then when I walk up to the tent on early admission and it isn't pouring until 3:41 PM is kinda weak.

Actually, any motel close by sold out the day the the event was announced. There are a coupke that are withing decent driving distance i think but good luck.
This is true. I got a room at the Motel 6 months ago and at that time the Adelaide was booked.

Here is where we recommend staying, you *must* mention the Firestone Beer Fest to a) secure a room, and b) get a discount! Rooms are going fast so do not wait to book. Block room rates are available at hotels noted with drop dates below:

Adelaide Inn (drop date: 04.15.15, must mention "Firestone Beer Festival Block")

Black Oak Best Western (drop date: 04.24.15, must mention "Firestone Beer Festival Block")

Courtyard Marriott (drop date: 05.01.15, must mention "Firestone Beer Fest")

Hampton Inn & Suites (no block)

Holiday Inn Express (drop date: 04.29.15, must mention "Firestone Walker Invitational")

La Quinta Inn & Suites (no block)

The Oaks Hotel (drop date: 04.15.15, must mention "Firestone Beer Festival")

Paso Robles Inn (drop date: 04.29.15, must mention "Firestone Walker Invitational")

This is true. I got a room at the Motel 6 months ago and at that time the Adelaide was booked.

Yeah I had to book a suite at the holiday inn that same day just to ge a room within walking distance. Depending on if my friends got tickets, I might make the drive down just for the bottle share hahaha

Damn guess I just have to hope that some people cancel reservations that got shut out. Stayed at the adelaide last year and it was great.

Damn guess I just have to hope that some people cancel reservations that got shut out. Stayed at the adelaide last year and it was great.
I know online says they are booked, but if you call and mention beerfest they might have something still? No idea really, I just need to find a DD to get me to my house after, never had to think about rooms.

Yeah I just called and asked about the beerfest rooms. They said sold out unfortunately

I know online says they are booked, but if you call and mention beerfest they might have something still? No idea really, I just need to find a DD to get me to my house after, never had to think about rooms.
That could certainly be the case and hotels have blocked those rooms out until tickets became available. Makes sense.

Missed out on tickets but I'll probably go anyways since friends got a room, and I've heard good things about the bottle shares.

Missed out on tickets but I'll probably go anyways since friends got a room, and I've heard good things about the bottle shares.
If you look for them tickets will be around. Plenty of people end up having to cancel.

I've gone the past two years with tickets of those who canceled out on their friend and paid only face value for them. So screw those scalper prices, there's still plenty of time between now and then for folks to bail out on plans and tickets to float around.

you'll be able to change the name on the ticket up to some time right before the event. So yeah, they're easily transferable. Which is my guess on why they blew out in less than a minute. People not having to commit just yet to going.

That grass area at the Adelaide the night before, and the pool at the Adelaide right after the event were pretty damned fun last year.

Big unorganized shares like that are always kind of fun, because you can see the generosity from people. At the grass one, someone popped a 3L of Temptation. At the pool, this guy was walking around pouring Vignerrone in to our mouths (in the pool!)

Good times.

That grass area at the Adelaide the night before, and the pool at the Adelaide right after the event were pretty damned fun last year.

Big unorganized shares like that are always kind of fun, because you can see the generosity from people. At the grass one, someone popped a 3L of Temptation. At the pool, this guy was walking around pouring Vignerrone in to our mouths (in the pool!)

Good times.

So late to the registration I'll probably be staying in a Coleman, but consider me in. I'll be freely pouring Busch Lite

Back