2016 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to live vicariously through you guys yet again. Onwards!

Welcome to the n00bs that got in!

97R3sMo.jpg

Club dues at being collected in late January, correct? My friend who also got invited for 2016 said that his payment is due the 9th, but I'm thinking he misread the email (where it said we needed to let Adair know if we wouldn't be joining no later than the 8th, and took that to mean that he had to pay the next day). Has anyone heard anything different about when we're going to be paying?

Last edited:
The email is very clear; just sit tight and wait for more info. However, feel free to ignore that first sentence and email Adair ASAP that all of your and your friend's bottles should go to me. ;)

seeing as how the other thread is closed... any word on how the last allotment is tasting?

Anyone in SF going down in the coming weeks? I need a proxy to pick up my Q4 2015 bottles...

:(

#dadproblems

To the SARA frequent residents, I finally get to visit in a couple weekends, yay. I know that bottle-sharing has been shut down, but I assume those behind the bar still enjoy accepting random gifts of liquid that come in bottle form right?

I have these Expo bottles that need a new home half way up the state and felt it would be wrong to visit any brewery without bringing something local.

To the SARA frequent residents, I finally get to visit in a couple weekends, yay. I know that bottle-sharing has been shut down, but I assume those behind the bar still enjoy accepting random gifts of liquid that come in bottle form right?

I have these Expo bottles that need a new home half way up the state and felt it would be wrong to visit any brewery without bringing something local.

Yep! Just give the beer to Wrigley or any other friendly pooch and they will dispose of it properly.

Yep! Just give the beer to Wrigley or any other friendly pooch and they will dispose of it properly.

Wrigley wouldn't touch Expo. He'd probably bark incessantly at it until it was removed from the premises.

And Reaper: don't move in on my Expo distribution business.

Need some help with Apotos BBQ from some of you vets. They open at 11am on Saturday, if I went for a late lunch say 2pm, you think I'll be SOL for food by then? How fast do they sell out?

Need some help with Apotos BBQ from some of you vets. They open at 11am on Saturday, if I went for a late lunch say 2pm, you think I'll be SOL for food by then? How fast do they sell out?
They'll definitely still have food, it will just be a smaller selection than at open. They'll almost definitely be sold out of brisket, for example.

You do know they are open through dinner, right?

Are you asking if they have a time period where the lunch stuff is gone but dinner stuff has not yet been finished?

If the Brisket and Tri Tip have kicked get The Rib on garlic bread, and die a happy death.

You do know they are open through dinner, right?

Are you asking if they have a time period where the lunch stuff is gone but dinner stuff has not yet been finished?
I have no clue. My mom is visiting and has it in her head that she really wants to go to the winchester house. I don't get down in the area very often, only been to SARA once for example, so wanted to make the most of it and get to finally check out Apotos. I know next to nothing about Apotos other than they're awesome and sell out.

I have no clue. My mom is visiting and has it in her head that she really wants to go to the winchester house. I don't get down in the area very often, only been to SARA once for example, so wanted to make the most of it and get to finally check out Apotos. I know next to nothing about Apotos other than they're awesome and sell out.
Winchester House is pretty freaking far from Aptos...

As a back up, close to Winchester House if **** goes down.........

http://www.yelp.com/biz/south-winchester-bbq-san-jose

Owned by the Aptos fellers, afaik.

Solid, thanks!
Also, while Aptos is the go to for post (or pre) SARA food, Mission Street Barbecue is also owned by the same people and seems to sell out a little less quickly than Aptos does. It is a bit less conveniently located relative to SARA, but who knows—you may still be able to get brisket at 2 there.

Winchester *does* sell out of stuff early. I stopped by mid-afternoon Sunday and they were almost out of everything smoked because of an early rush (11-2). They did pull some tri-tip off the smoker about 15 minutes after I got there, so I was set, but no brisket was going to show up that evening.

My point about Aptos BBQ is that they are open until 9 every day. They have a pretty good idea now how much stuff they go through, so I'm surprised they do run out that early. I actually don't mind if the brisket is the only thing gone; I like the tri-tip much more.

Shanrath makes a good point about Mission Street BBQ. Same guys, same recipes, in the same part of town more or less.

Also, Los Gallos Taqueria in Scotts Valley is a great stop. Excellent tacos with copious amounts of meat. Can be a warm up before BBQ.

In the event that I receive some payment info and everything becomes official, I will need a trustee. Is there anyone out there that doesn't have their hands too full already? Preferably someone that has been on the site for a bit. Hopsycho ? Any recommendations?

In the event that I receive some payment info and everything becomes official, I will need a trustee. Is there anyone out there that doesn't have their hands too full already? Preferably someone that has been on the site for a bit. Hopsycho ? Any recommendations?

I could do this for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back