2017 CASA AGRIA thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldstorage

Reaction score
Is there already one of these?

b95d7039f03d44070ef493554e6c400c

A thread for complaining about crowd sourcing, home brewers trading condo lambics, and for people to ask for trustees since they can't do that on the other site. People can say nice things too I guess. Also gifs?

(i might need a trustee for those 9 day pick up window IPAs.........:confused:)

Last edited:
We should only post half the information in here to force you to use FB to see their members group. Hehehe
This.
Also if anyone needs a proxy, holla at your boy. I will be losing a couple of the 10 I proxy for this year. I will even (possibly foolishly) commit to proxying IPA releases. Anyone know if cardboard/styrofoam can shippers are a thing?

This.
Also if anyone needs a proxy, holla at your boy. I will be losing a couple of the 10 I proxy for this year. I will even (possibly foolishly) commit to proxying IPA releases. Anyone know if cardboard/styrofoam can shippers are a thing?
How long before anyone who has you trustee for them has to look elsewhere for bottle pick up because you got banned from yet another brewery? I'll set the over/under at 6 weeks.

How long before anyone who has you trustee for them has to look elsewhere for bottle pick up because you got banned from yet another brewery? I'll set the over/under at 6 weeks.

Just found this place...and just holla'd at ya!

I'm not smart enough to know reasonable deadlines for pickups.

But.

Well seeing as I proxyed for over 10 people last year that wont be a problem. That joke is pretty damn dead horse point now. I got banned from two breweries, within a week of eachother. I now find out that was VERY much related as the lady from bottle logic talked to the lady from FW and they had a homie off and banned me. I wasn't banned for my behavior, I was banned for being critical of their many ******** practices. Luckily the only ******** practice CASA has is the one mentioned below.

Just here to complain about their ridiculous policy of not filling blank growler.
Yeah, I really don't ****ing get this. They have the proper tag approved to do it, but still refuse. Pretty damn frustrating when their only growler option is the shitty screw top rounds.

are they doing tasters yet?
had El rio and that was undrinkable to me.
They have always done tasters, you can either get a full (8 oz pour) or half (4 oz pour)

Well seeing as I proxyed for over 10 people last year that wont be a problem. That joke is pretty damn dead horse point now. I got banned from two breweries, within a week of eachother. I now find out that was VERY much related as the homie from bottle logic talked to the homie from FW and they had a homie off and banned me. I wasn't banned for my behavior, I was banned for being critical of their many ******** practices. Luckily the only ******** practice CASA has is the one mentioned below.

In probably this regard alone, you're unlucky you're such a giant. If you couldn't immediately get picked out of a crowd, you'd be forgotten about and blend back into anonymity at both places (probably especially FW) in no time.

In probably this regard alone, you're unlucky you're such a giant. If you couldn't immediately get picked out of a crowd, you'd be forgotten about and blend back into anonymity at both places (probably especially FW) in no time.
Yup, FW I may still allow back in my heart haha. BL can **** themselves 12 ways from sunday. **** that brewery, and **** anyone that works there. Guilty by association.

Just here to complain about their ridiculous policy of not filling blank growler.
What's up Hayden! I don't know the last time you were there but on my way home from Firestone invitational this year, I stopped at Casa and they covered my Societe growlers with tape and tagged and filled them, no problem.

What's up Hayden! I don't know the last time you were there but on my way home from Firestone invitational this year, I stopped at Casa and they covered my Societe growlers with tape and tagged and filled them, no problem.
That was a one time only thing because they ran out of growlers to sell. They figured it was better to sell beer than not, and are back to not allowing blank growler fills. Making the situation that much ****ing stupider.

Yeah, I heard that from a number of people during FW weekend. I went two weekends after that and they refused to fill my blank growler. Either someone working during FW weekend was confused about their policy or they made an exception for that weekend knowing lots of people would be traveling through Oxnard.

From Casa Agria: "We are considering some new growler fill policies for 2017. We will announce those via our newsletter, which you can sign up for by visiting our website. Thanks!"

Here's a dumbish question. How do you pronounce Agria? Is it "AGG ree uh," "uh GREE uh" or something else entirely?

Del Norte was really good. Sounds like they had a few cans with oxidation issues, but mine were all fine. Tasty beverage.

Do they fill outside growlers? Heading up for the first time on the 19th and with the can release cancelled, wondering if I can take some I have lyring around for fills.

I think as of now, they only fill theirs. However, they've not mentioned loosening that. As a non-local, I can't say for sure.

Del Norte was really good. Sounds like they had a few cans with oxidation issues, but mine were all fine. Tasty beverage.

PfEOFW1.jpg

Looks like oxidation was definitely at play with a can I opened. Cracked this about 2 weeks ago...tasted of faded ass hops and diacetyl.

On the other hand, I opened up a bottle of Guava Fresca and that was just fantastic.

Response:
I want the staff to get used to filling other growler types before launching it full scale. So it's coming. Soon.

I know they already have the proper growler tag so it sounds like its just a training staff issue. I imagine if you have a blank Mir growler or the boston round howler they sell they will fill it.

Response:
I want the staff to get used to filling other growler types before launching it full scale. So it's coming. Soon.

I know they already have the proper growler tag so it sounds like its just a training staff issue. I imagine if you have a blank Mir growler or the boston round howler they sell they will fill it.
Does taped over logos with blue masking tape count as "blank"?

PfEOFW1.jpg

Looks like oxidation was definitely at play with a can I opened. Cracked this about 2 weeks ago...tasted of faded ass hops and diacetyl.

On the other hand, I opened up a bottle of Guava Fresca and that was just fantastic.
For sure. It's almost become the majority of cans opened in the last week or so. They are aware of it and are making the adjustments needed with their canning. Doubtful that this will be a long-term issue, but you never know. I think they'll get it dialed in soon. Having a double can release in April, I don't think they're going to want to have to deal with something like this again.

Yes, according to the CA law you have to cover all brewery markings. Blue masking tape is the best as it easily comes off.
Sweet. Well here's to hoping I can push the whole "founding member, my first visit" line to try and get my Libertine Hydroflask and a couple howlers filled.

Back