2017 FWIBF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****ing waste of getting up before the sun! Oh well. Tix will pop up as the event gets closer.

Yup. This is the correct answer. I never stress one instance over tickets. Every year I end up with extras due to all the people selling theirs as it gets closer to the event.

How TF is Hollister/Stone still there but 50/50 isn't? Whack AF
I asked Alicia if they'd be there (long before the list came out) and I think she said it was a conflict, not that they weren't invited. What's absolutely ridiculous is that SARA isn't there, although at this point they might just give them the old one-finger salute after being excluded for so long.

I asked Alicia if they'd be there (long before the list came out) and I think she said it was a conflict, not that they weren't invited. What's absolutely ridiculous is that SARA isn't there, although at this point they might just give them the old one-finger salute after being excluded for so long.
I'd bet SARA doesn't have enough beer for this format. Adair attended 2015.

I'd bet SARA doesn't have enough beer for this format. Adair attended 2015.

That's always been my guess as well.

Based on that logic, then Side Project shouldn't have been invited post 2015. Given that SARA has kegs all over the bay and that they poured strong at RateBeer, my guess is they aren't getting invites at all for some ******** reason or another (rustic fallout? http://www.firestonebeer.com/press-room/index.php?id=61)

Last edited:
Funny thing is, SARA poured at one of the Liberations as a guest brewer. They only had a handful of cases. I dont think there is any bad blood there, I could be wrong though.

Kern River's brewer departed late last year so....

Been up there 2 or 3 times since Kyle's departure. All I know is the last visit I was there it was like the glory days of Alpine no lie. Also had a couple of Kyle's newest creations at Lengthwise and they were a marked improvement. His move could be good for everybody.

When I saw Toppling Goliath and Side Project I said, oh good I can just go drink Moonlight in peace. Oh wait, ****.

Based on that logic, then Side Project shouldn't have been invited post 2015. Given that SARA has kegs all over the bay and that they poured strong at RateBeer, my guess is they aren't getting invites at all for some ******** reason or another (rustic fallout? http://www.firestonebeer.com/press-room/index.php?id=61)

I don't think Side Project is the only brewery to ever run out there so I don't know why they wouldn't get invited again. Could be wrong though.

Been up there 2 or 3 times since Kyle's departure. All I know is the last visit I was there it was like the glory days of Alpine no lie. Also had a couple of Kyle's newest creations at Lengthwise and they were a marked improvement. His move could be good for everybody.

When I saw Toppling Goliath and Side Project I said, oh good I can just go drink Moonlight in peace. Oh wait, ****.
The cans of JO I found here were pretty weird and inconsistent. Maybe that was from around the time of the move and the new stuff is better?

Back