US - Pacific 2019 Membership renewal

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by jwacky, Sep 4, 2019.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. sdreaper

sdreaper

I got invited back to Theory. Even purchased my renewal as well as a new CPU two days ago and threw a fraud flag on my CC. Oh man, that was a fun morning.

Hmmm, I was planning on going to their release this weekend. I'll ask Billy about it.

anvindr, wolf13 and jwacky like this.
  2. jwacky

jwacky

Curious to hear more, for sure. Always see teases of it with regards to the new tasting room opening in Bay Park. The one beer membership is plenty for me, but I'd totally add mead to the stock pile considering it can be opened and saved and also because the wife enjoys it and would help drink it.

3. shadowane

shadowane

oh okay. Yeah they have only run it twice and it was sort of an odd club anyway. As someone who lived in Philadelphia, I loved it and wish they'll do another round. Gave me a good excuse to go and the discount was nice.

4. rcubed

rcubed

Their tasting room in Bay Park will be right next to Deft Brewing. Mo is making some great traditional style beers at Deft.

smithj2154 likes this.
  5. wolf13

wolf13

Congrats on year 3! I got the invite for next year, so I'm stoked as well!

Please let us know what you find out about the Lost Cause membership.

6. sdreaper

sdreaper

H'ok, so chatted with Billy about it today. The answer is yes, but still in planning stages, although it sounds like he wants to launch it in November this year (while people haven't spent all their money for the holidays, which makes sense). His plan is to launch 2 memberships. One being exclusive that he would cap around 250 or so ppl and be a yearly thing, so like most beer memberships. The second being something that will be wide open and be a year in length but can be started whenever, much like a wine membership (since they have the license to ship to 38 different states).

That is about it, he asked me which memberships I felt did things right. I said the customer service of Modern Times but the release schedule of SARA. But the most important thing, I think, that I mentioned was don't over promise. Since some memberships that I had that did over promise (*cough Wild Barrel *cough) have tended to fail across the board in delivery.

He also has a meadowfoam honey + candy cap mushroom aged in oak mead coming out and it is damn delicious.

7. jwacky

jwacky

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely intrigued. Good advice re: breweries that do it right. Having been in five different ones over the years - which I know pales in comparison to many of you - Modern Times is definitely the gold standard, especially with customer service. And you're correct - over promising is the worst, and is guaranteed to piss everyone off. Added surprises throughout the year are a great way to generate buzz for future membership sales.

8. smithj2154

smithj2154

For some reason I’ve never unsubscribed from Bruery emails from when I was a reserve member. Reserve sale started Friday, and shocker I get an email today that spots are still available.
    Bruery be like...
    [​IMG]

Graffy and Padraig like this.
  9. Padraig

Padraig Premium Supporter Contributor

Just renewed Alesmith after a bit of fannying around trying to decide.

Modern Times up next.

smithj2154 likes this.
  10. DannyFullpint

DannyFullpint

SARA, Bottle Friends, thinking about Wren House.

smithj2154 likes this.