8-23 - Brewski Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willseph

Reaction score
Happy hour starts a little early on Friday for me. Hopefully you too. Drinking (albeit a little early):
0F13BFD9-B638-419C-844A-BEB38DC073B3-8262-00000414DDCEC1F2_zpsb7b0e99d.jpg

Listening:
41715YZPM9L.jpg

Intiharing a Black Ops (or I would be if it weren't so carbed -- have to top off in a moment). Figure I keep getting offered this in trade so I may as well tick it to see if it's worth the ridiculous price people keep telling me it goes for. It's a pretty interesting beer actually.

Picture redacted by the NSA.

Bummer. The one I had was tasty.

Yeah I had it on draft at Local Option in May and thought it was fantastic. Can almost taste the awesome on the back end once the tart goes away.

When I poured it and the head flashed away like a Coke I knew I was in trouble. For $15 you better believe I'm trying to soldier through.

Disappointed Dad sigh.

Intiharing a Black Ops (or I would be if it weren't so carbed -- have to top off in a moment). Figure I keep getting offered this in trade so I may as well tick it to see if it's worth the ridiculous price people keep telling me it goes for. It's a pretty interesting beer actually.

Picture redacted by the NSA.

Agree that it's an interesting beer but pricey for sure. Even when I was up in NYC visiting my cousin, it still went for 21 dollars per bottle. I've seen worse in other areas. I was planning to bring back home two Black Ops but my cousin and I had bit too much fun. Killed both bottles in one setting.

tumblr_mkmvtxb8TI1s7ja49o1_1280.jpg

Agree that it's an interesting beer but pricey for sure. Even when I was up in NYC visiting my cousin, it still went for 21 dollars per bottle. I've seen worse in other areas. I was planning to bring back home two Black Ops but my cousin and I had bit too much fun. Killed both bottles in one setting.

Dat champagne yeast. I really dug that one myself.

Very nice. I've been quoted as high as $28 for it. Very drinkable for >10%. Not sure I would do it again. We'll see.

Decided to skip the BCBCS party (there'll always be more of those, right?) and just start with some liquid brownie mix

uvo6wXU.jpg

Cafe Americana, courtesy of Deltoro
(this really should come in smaller containers, almost as sickeningly sweet as Dark Lord)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back