Advice for my buddy heading to Denver/Boulder area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's he staying and how long is he going to be in town?
This is what he said
"I'll be in denver friday through monday but we are going to boulder on sunday for the day to hike, hit up avery and maybe The kitchen and in denver we're going to falling rock tap house."
He said he is staying at a friend's house about 10 min from downtown and a 30 min cab ride from the airport.

He just sent me this

"goal: Friday arrive check out falling rock tap house and/or copper kettle brewing co., saturday head out to morrison to check out red rocks during the day and then pretty lights at night. sunday: boulder, hike, eat at the kitchen and check out downtown boulder and avery. monday fly out"

If the are any changes you would make to that let me know. Also, some bottle shops he should check out.

Mr B's bottle shop is right down the street from Falling Rock. I like Copper Kettle but not a ton around there versus going to Crooked Stave and more downtown. Near Copper Kettle I'd also hit up Comrade and maybe Bull and Bush. On that side of town I would stop in at Grapevine for my bottle shop.

Boulder: Back Country Pizza has a great tap list and bottle selection. Right down the road from Avery is Fate.

Mr B's bottle shop is right down the street from Falling Rock. I like Copper Kettle but not a ton around there versus going to Crooked Stave and more downtown. Near Copper Kettle I'd also hit up Comrade and maybe Bull and Bush. On that side of town I would stop in at Grapevine for my bottle shop.

Boulder: Back Country Pizza has a great tap list and bottle selection. Right down the road from Avery is Fate.
Thanks for the info, buddy!

I visited CO for my first beercation/work convention last year and we hit Fate in Boulder for Saturday brunch. Food was great, atmosphere was bitchin, our waitress was entertaining, and the beers were just okay. Was worth the visit before hitting Avery if you plan on eating.
Heading up again in a month and we all couldnt be looking more forward to crushing it in Denver and Fort Collins again! Anyone who is coming from out of town and is that close to Fort Collins has to hit that row of FOCO breweries (New Belg, Funkwerks, Odell). Have been to a lot of So Cal breweries and those CO taprooms are at the top of my list.

Nails it everytime.

Hit up Hazels in Boulder for bottles also. Back fridge for all the a Tomes.

Did not get a notification on this tag...weird.

How did it go for him? Did Danny give you any advice?

All advice from me had already been covered up above.

Oh, except the part about Barry's Bar having the best customer service and selection in the state. ;):p You have to be in good standing with the locals to have any indication to the location, though.

Oh, except the part about Barry's Bar having the best customer service and selection in the state. ;):p You have to be in good standing with the locals to have any indication to the location, though.
Last time I was there the bottle list was pretty good but I can't remember anything being on tap ;)

It's been added to my bucket list.

Back