Advice on Current Trade

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by 2plums4one, Mar 8, 2018.

1. 2plums4one

2plums4one

So I used to trade a shitload of beer back in like 2013-2015 but not so much anymore.

Anyway I post a haul pic of some stuff on a FB group and this guy is like, to you have any to trade?

We work some stuff out and we agree we will ship Monday or Tuesday this week.

I give him my address last week, and get to Fedex Tuesday and realize he never gave me his. Its about 8pm and I'm hoping he is around. I pm him on facebook with no response and end up having to leave fedex (my own fault for not realizing I don't have his address yet)

So he responds the next day saying "my iphone took a shit and the kids went crazy, sorry blah blah, I'll have your out tomorrow, here's my address. Well wednesday comes and goes and no tracking or anything.

Messaged him today, nothing. Back in the day when I traded, if someone was going to be delayed, they let you know by the day they were supposed to ship. Still no reply from this guy, and even though its a little early, I'm a little hesitant to trade on fb, and it seems this guy is either just lazy as hell or is putting me on.

Am I over-reacting? Just not used to traders being so flakey in an age when a facebook message hits your phone immediately.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Photekut likes this.
  2. jivex5k

jivex5k

Take a shit on his desk.

3. 2plums4one

2plums4one

While in the past that has produced desirable results, the expense for flying to him would be a little high.

4. stakem

stakem

Say no more fam, you already said too much.

Trading beer today is much more intricate. First you gotta reference no less than 3-4 secondary value resources to make sure you are “winning” at least 2.37968% more beer values than the other person in the trade. Then, you gotta cross reference the current razzle board and double check with your local homie tasting group to verify what you are getting is good enough.

All of this takes time and resources and you need to be more patient. He might only be 33% through the valuation portion of your trade, he still has to get tasting bros approval too.

Or you just got fucked by a d-bag.

Cheers!

apatrick17, jeevo, brystmar and 18 others like this.
  5. maximum12

maximum12

If it wasn't Facebook I'd say you were overreacting. But my first couple of experiences on FB were so shady & shifty that I'm not sure I'll try again. It's the Wild West of trading & should be treated accordingly.

6. 2plums4one

2plums4one

Coolest part about this trade is that its actually $4$.
    Heist Uberquenchl-the obscure - omega point
    for
    schramms shelfies and hop juju

dollar for dollar top tier stuff that we can easily access. Just seems the guy is just flakey in general. If you don't have 30 min in your day to go to fedex and drop something off you shouldn't be trading beer. I duno, if he doesn't respond tonight I'm sending that sucker right back to my local fedex and cutting my losses. Extra'd a perennial member only beer too

7. steimie

steimie

So it's some Ohio or Michigan douchebag.

Typical.

Photekut and Fingolfin like this.
  8. BadJustin

BadJustin

That is my biggest pet peeve when people ask on a thread "Any for trade?"

Start your own ISO, twats.

jivex5k and Photekut like this.
  9. 2plums4one

2plums4one

all is resolved, better late than never I suppose.

PDX likes this.
  10. jivex5k

jivex5k

Oh now I understand that interaction you had on a different thread.

11. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony