US - Southwest Albuquerque

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by blue_bleeder, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Sobchak

Sobchak

Shiiiiit, I just discovered this thread. Looks like I missed a couple good doods coming through town. Beerontwowheels I think you were my target in a BIF a couple years ago on the other site (at least I think it was the other site...). Would have been cool to meet ya. If anyone else comes through ABQ, hit me up, I'd be happy to have a beer with any TBer. Same goes for in town peeps!

Beerontwowheels and blue_bleeder like this.
  2. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees

Bump for help!

I am going to Santa Fe next Monday and Tuesday spur of the moment...anything worth checking out besides Santa Fe Brewing?

3. HenrikO

HenrikO

Second Street Brewing near the railway station has great green chile burgers and totally decent hoppy beers, I was pleasantly surprised when I went there over the summer.

Ispeakforthetrees likes this.
  4. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees

I had heard that. I want their trout in my mouth.

5. Sobchak

Sobchak

Check out Duel and also Susan's package for pick up. The cowgirl bbq has a good tap list, http://www.cowgirlsantafe.com/ agreed w Henrik re second street

6. Ispeakforthetrees

Ispeakforthetrees

Thanks, any chance for la cumbre?

7. Ratman

Ratman

You can get that at any liqour store in Santa Fe. There are several called Kellys that are all over and then like the other poster said Susan's will have the harder to get stuff.

8. Abitker

Abitker

Bump.....anyone in Albuquerque or Santa Fe that can do a gopickupformebro? Can provide label and/or thank you box.

blue_bleeder likes this.
  9. jacobbocce72

jacobbocce72

I'll be in Albuquerque this Saturday if anyone is interested in meeting up. Planning to go to La Cumbre somewhere around 12-1. Bringing a few Live Oak Hefe's with me...

blatherbeard and Beerontwowheels like this.
  10. Phischy

Phischy

Will be in town with the wife on 9/29 for one night only. Plans are to hit Marble and Le Cumbre. I was last in town 2 years ago.

Anything else worth hitting?

11. Sobchak

Sobchak

Would definitely hit Bosque brewing as well. Nob hill bar and grill has a good non-local tap list. But if you're looking just locals:

La Cumbre
    Marble
    Bosque
    Canteen - near cumbre
    Boxing Bear

probably in that order

12. Phischy

Phischy

Sweet, thanks. We hope to hit 3. Pretty sure we arrive at 4ish. Might be able to hit others on the return trip.

Sobchak likes this.
  13. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

was in town last week for one night for a brief moment and hit LaCumbre very spot and all the beers were great... Will for sure be back when passing thru again.

14. colonelforbin

colonelforbin

Heading to Albuquerque (and likely Santa Fe as well) in April. Never been and don't know much about the beer scene there. Any and all tips/ideas on breweries to hit, etc. would be welcome. Thanks!

Ratman likes this.
  15. blue_bleeder

blue_bleeder

Meet up with Ratman. Great dude. Knows the scene. And people>beer.

Ratman likes this.
  16. Ratman

Ratman

What;s up. How long you gonna be intown and what type of things you looking to get into. There are sereval breweries I acn point you too if you need. ALB has a pretty good beer scene right now. Marble, La Cumbre, Bousque,Boxing Bear are all doing good thing with their beer. Bottle shop would be Jubilation in ALB and Susan's in Santa Fe. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

blue_bleeder likes this.
  17. MChand2

MChand2

Any locals going to be at La Cumbre today? I'll be crashing in ALB tonight. I should be there around 4 if travel goes well

18. Ratman

Ratman

Bad night for or else I would be there.but make sure you try the Project Dank, it just won National IPA Challenge last week

MChand2 likes this.
  19. Don

Don

Spent my teenage years in Los Lunas, going back to NM for the first time in 10 years tomorrow, for a week.

Gonna hit as many breweries as I can, but since I'll be in town for a family emergency, not sure on free time.

Anything new that hasn't been mentioned here yet? If anyone wants to meet up let me know!

Ratman likes this.
  20. jupiter6xx

jupiter6xx

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I really enjoyed the Bosque taproom when we were out there a few months ago. I'd never heard of the place before, but I liked the space & the beers were solid.

Don and Ratman like this.