Alchemist begins growler fills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgarage1

Not a real doctor. Lives in garage.
Reaction score
At first I was like:

excitedotel.jpg

but then I read:

into their own stainless steel growlers only

and was more:

sort-of-want.jpg

Still, great for locals.

Wish I could find a little more information about this. My wife and I collect growlers of places we've visited but it's a bit unclear how The Alchemist is selling them. It appears that they will have enough to last just through selling the special beer and that's it and don't expect them to last through Thursday. Stinks for us since I don't care about the special beer and really just want the growler. But it's sort of unclear in the post if that's true.

Donovan's Red is up first. They're doing auto-filling, into their own stainless steel growlers only. Still, after a pricey first purchase, the growlers aren't that bad. And if they do something more exciting than a red ale, I imagine people will lose their ****.

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/alchemist-begins-growler-filling-program/?utm_source=feedly
$15 for a stainless growler is crazy cheap! I know Societe in SD sells them for $25 and in Chicago Haymarket was selling them for 40 ****ing dollars! :eek: And, $12 for 64 oz of beer is very reasonable. Never understand why growlers cost more than 6 packs of the same beer? Seems like a rip-off and scam to me.

Back