Ale Apothecary Ale Club 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilhead

Reaction score
Uh. I'm not seeing a thread for this... pls delete if redundant.. but if not - Yeah! Ale Club! April 25 & 26 baby!

Anyone going up from SF Bay?

Looking fwd to it!

I have no idea what I'm doing.

61TBbz4.gif

Love the beer. Ale Club is just a tad too rich for my blood.

With a price point that was already at the upper end of my tolerance, his indications that he will once again raise his bottle prices keeps me at a distance. Too bad, because Paul Arney is a ****ing beer genius, but my $/ounce limits are pretty strongly against going over $1/oz.

Yeah, it gets harder and harder to stomach. We haven't even gotten the first allocation this year and I'm already feeling like I might not renew next year. (The end of Portland pickups is also part of this.) But I saw his post the other day about switching to locally sourced malt and the first thing I thought was "I wonder how many dollars more a bottle that's going to cost us?"

From the last email - $30 for most part - a hoppy one said $20.

Is anyone going to his little shindig at the brewery? I know next to nothing about his beers, policies etc. Also need to be at DG the following w/e, so would need to "kill" a week in between the two. I'm told AApoth allows proxies so may just utilize that option. Not sure yet

Well he stated that some vintage ones are TBD, and should have a few surprises as well. But the 4 member bottles are

1. 2015 El Cuatro, brandy barrel beer
  2. 2014 Ralph, white fir beer
  3. 2015 Beermongers Elijah Craig 21-year old barrel
  4. !st batch of Carpe Diem Mañana, our hop extravaganza

Well he stated that some vintage ones are TBD, and should have a few surprises as well. But the 4 member bottles are

1. 2015 El Cuatro, brandy barrel beer
  2. 2014 Ralph, white fir beer
  3. 2015 Beermongers Elijah Craig 21-year old barrel
  4. !st batch of Carpe Diem Mañana, our hop extravaganza
Already got a preview of CDM. Really delicious beer.

Last edited:
Definitely. Yet another interesting take on the hoppy sour, avoiding all the pitfalls. I think most at the tasting liked it as much or more than Dorothy.

Knocksvil Ryan_G jtmartino jedwards

Edit: I think they also poured it at Portland Farmhouse Fest.

I believe they also left at least a case of CDM at Saraveza after the fest. I saw bottles still on the shelf towards the end of last week, if I am not mistaken. Really stoked to try it!

Bummed I could do this one as they are one of my favorite breweries

If anyone had any bottles they're not going to want I will take them off your hands

Ready Set Go on the extra allocations for last 2015 session.

For those curious:

Strawberry (TBFKA) La Tache aged in David Arthur Chardonnay barrel
84 bottles available, 2 bottle limit

2015 El Cuatro aged in Brandy and Domain Druhin Pinot barrels
120 bottles available, 3 bottle limit

Shirley, You Can't Be Serious. Apothecary blend with white peaches and wild plums aged in David Arthur Cabernet barrel
72 bottles, 2 bottle limit

Blueberry Sahalie aged in Domain Druhin Pinot barrel
60 bottles, 2 bottle limit

The Beermongers part Duex. Ale aged in 21-year old Elijah Craig barrels
36 bottles, 2 bottle limit

2015 Be Still. Dark sour aged in rye whiskey and Oregon Pinot barrels with Cascara and Cocoa nibs
300 bottles, 6 bottle limit

2015 Sahalie Fresh Hop.
96 bottles, 2 bottle limit

2015 Sahalie Honey Bottle Ferment. Local, raw D&D ranch honey incorporated for bottle fermentation
108 bottles, 2 bottle limit

Additionally we are offering up a batch Ralph for sale prior to bringing it to the general public.

Ralph, white fir beer aged in Oregon Pinot barrels
252 bottles, 6 bottle limit

For those curious:

Shirley, You Can't Be Serious. Apothecary blend with white peaches and wild plums aged in David Arthur Cabernet barrel

2015 Be Still. Dark sour aged in rye whiskey and Oregon Pinot barrels with Cascara and Cocoa nibs

2015 Sahalie Fresh Hop.

2015 Sahalie Honey Bottle Ferment. Local, raw D&D ranch honey incorporated for bottle fermentation

Additionally we are offering up a batch Ralph for sale prior to bringing it to the general public.

Thanks for this heads-up, I fired up the paypal and went a little nuts.

How does one even get an invite to join this club?

You just have to email Paul and get put on a waiting list. I was lucky to get on the list before the rush.

For those curious:

2015 Sahalie Fresh Hop.

That is a ****in legit list.

While I feel poorly inclined to join the club, I do think the parties for this would be better than de garde on account of smaller head count and general ****ery.

Officially jelly.

So far I've popped a Strawberry Latache and a Shirley, and both have been awesome. The Strawberry was surprisingly amazing. Good fruit expression and no off phenolic stuff showing up, with that nice almost fluffy mouthfeel that AA carbonation has. One of these days when ardyexfor and I aren't completely **** housed, we can get around to popping the Blueberry Sahalie

So far I've popped a Strawberry Latache and a Shirley, and both have been awesome. The Strawberry was surprisingly amazing. Good fruit expression and no off phenolic stuff showing up, with that nice almost fluffy mouthfeel that AA carbonation has. One of these days when ardyexfor and I aren't completely **** housed, we can get around to popping the Blueberry Sahalie
90a5442391c143173baf1fd82e5b2449-10-gifs-of-soon-moments-in-games.jpg

I'm curious if anyone has experiences, good or bad, with storing their AA bottle horizontally? I once asked Paul, upon seeing bottle conditioning on their sides at the brewery, if he recommended storing bottles that way and he said they were just that way because they took up less space while conditioning. But, at the moment I have a shortage of shelf space and an excess of wine rack space, so I'm considering moving my bottles over there and just wondering if anyone thinks that's a bad idea.

I'm curious if anyone has experiences, good or bad, with storing their AA bottle horizontally? I once asked Paul, upon seeing bottle conditioning on their sides at the brewery, if he recommended storing bottles that way and he said they were just that way because they took up less space while conditioning. But, at the moment I have a shortage of shelf space and an excess of wine rack space, so I'm considering moving my bottles over there and just wondering if anyone thinks that's a bad idea.

I store my AA bottles on their sides. No problems here.

My general rule has always been that carbonated goes upright and still goes on it's side.

Carbonated: The positive pressure keeps the cork intact and the sediment can accumulate towards the bottom rather than on the side of the bottle.

Still: e.g. Be Still or Wine, it should be stored on it's side to keep the cork since you don't have that positive pressure inside.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just emailed Paul about being placed on the waiting list (really nice guy). Are members dropping out because of price points, etc...? I just need to know what year to set on my time capsule.

S1dE0Cu.gif

I officially emailed and asked to be put on the waiting list in December of 2014. He said he'd let me know when I got close. Still waiting. :)

Latest posts

Back