All types of music.. LIVE

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by KevSal, Nov 9, 2017.

1. KevSal

KevSal

Ive listened to a shit ton of music, all kinds of music across all genres. A lot of it started getting a bit stale listening to the studio versions of tunes that i found myself looking for cool high quality live tunes. Closest thread i found on this was classic rock thread, but i want this to be across all genres.

Found a really cool live version of your favorite song? post it up here for others to check out

ill get it started with a few

going old first

my favorite version from the move

here's an awesome live rendition from cream

moving up more modern trivium did some really cool live recordings with their In waves album

moving up even more, love em or hate em, even though they come off very gimmicky, they got some pretty good live playing chops

let's here your favorite live tunes! any genre, any type. lady gaga, all american rejects, tool, huey lewis and the news??? doesn't matter here, post it up!

2. Kraftster

Kraftster

Brandi Carlile is one of my favorite live artists. I've seen her probably seven times, and every time, that voice is just a straight shot to my soul. Her studio efforts have never captured what she can do live, so I'm almost always listening to her on YouTube if the mood strikes me. Very hard to pick just one or two songs, but I'll go sentimental.

Still hoping to get to hear her do this live someday. I found this version soon after losing my mom--her favorite song of all time. Chilling.

Another Brandi favorite (captured at 3am in a lounge on a music cruise):

In terms of pure fun at live shows, it's hard to top Man Man for me. A few years ago they opened for Gogol Bordello (still recovering from broken ribs from their show 3 weeks ago), which was a combo I'd been hoping for for years. This a pretty good capture of the iconic live Man Man song for me.

And although MM excels live in concert, I've always loved this "live studio" version of Haute Tropique.

Lastly, A Place to Bury Strangers live at Cattivo in Pittsburgh in 2015 has probably only recently fallen behind Nick Cave as the best show I've seen in the last couple years. Hard to translate the experience into a video, but this video I came across recently is from the same tour and does a pretty good job of it with how it's put together. Just so much sound.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. Podunkparte

Podunkparte

A million people singing the guitar solo gives me chills every time

Always liked this too

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  4. Previously

Previously

5. libbey

libbey

6. capnmike

capnmike

Pretty much take your pick of any song here, but...

7. FTowne

FTowne

40,000+ people humming along to an instrumental piece is pretty fucking cool

8. KevSal

KevSal

hell yea! all of these have been great! im gonna be spenidng alot of time in this thread late night with some beers for sure!

FTowne that YYZ video is one of my favorites! i play bass and the first time i saw this video i was blown away by geddy

Podunkparte maiden is some of the best live stuff ive ever seen, they released some great live shows

capnmike i dont know talking heads all that much but they got some live chops for sure!

libbey i fucking love live studio stuff, comes through so clear as if your sitting there

Kraftster never heard of brandi but damn she has some pipes!

ehammond1 i knew it would take long for some dead, i think i heard more of their live stuff than their recorded stuff! that brings me to one of my favorite live videos...

i love the fact that they screw up and start over lol

9. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs

an all time favorite song by an all time favorite artist...

10. capnmike

capnmike

Pretty sure I've posted this in a covers discussion...and the country thread, but...

This is another great rainy-day, feeling-down live cover...I'll come back with more rocking live versions later, I swear!

11. blckout20

blckout20

12. Der Fuchs

Der Fuchs

another favorite

and what may be the tightest band i've seen live.

GhostOfGaspar, KevSal and capnmike like this.
  13. KevSal

KevSal

I was always impressed with Prince's guitar playing, crazy he didn't do more guitar stuff in his music

2004 RnR hall of fame

14. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

KEXP has some of the best live performances.

also you can't go wrong with tiny desk concert! all there videos are pretty damn good

15. housepants

housepants

16. Ratman

Ratman

This ish is so LIVE.

17. Ratman

Ratman

One of best videos on the internet.

I swear I am sitting under a tree watching her move for me and listening to the music and forgetting about the world everytime I watch it.

capnmike and KevSal like this.
  18. davey101

davey101

Angry Elvis is the best Elvis

BobZ should probably get in here!

19. KevSal

KevSal

one of my dads friends lent me this dvd when i was in high school, blew me away! one of the greatest rock singers out there. a lot of new bands need to take notes and see what singers did before autotune

20. KevSal

KevSal

damn i'm diggin these kexp videos, as i mentioned earlier i fucking love in studio live stuff, thanks from crook these