Allagash Midnight Brett to be bottled and distributed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is great news. Midnight Brett was slated to be at BCTC this year but was sadly absent. Got to try it at the brewery yesterday while I was picking up Resurgum and it was awesome.

Posted on their twitter almost a day ago, "Midnight Brett is finally making its way into bottles for a very limited nationwide release with a date TBD." http://instagram.com/p/fiPe1NHPg0/

I had this back in August on tap and thought it was pretty good. Not my favorite Allagash sour, but worth tracking down in my opinion.

Agree. Golden Brett was better, but Midnight was good. I'm also pumped for the blended saison/brett fermented, oak aged BPA, Tiarna, they just bottled and are also going to release at some point in the future TBA.

But really, they just need to get Mattina Rossa out of the barrels and into the bottles so I can buy ALL of it.

Agree. Golden Brett was better, but Midnight was good. I'm also pumped for the blended saison/brett fermented, oak aged BPA, Tiarna, they just bottled and are also going to release at some point in the future TBA.

But really, they just need to get Mattina Rossa out of the barrels and into the bottles so I can buy ALL of it.
I liked Golden more too, and have not heard of Tiarna, but it sounds good. They are also brewing a stout with cranberries and it should be ready by January. Draft only.
http://instagram.com/p/fkasAfnPhs/

I was told by an Allagash rep that they are making more Mattina Rossa, but we wont see it for a year or two. That beer is amazing.

I liked Golden more too, and have not heard of Tiarna, but it sounds good. They are also brewing a stout with cranberries and it should be ready by January. Draft only.
http://instagram.com/p/fkasAfnPhs/

I was told by an Allagash rep that they are making more Mattina Rossa, but we wont see it for a year or two. That beer is amazing.

There is a lot of Mattina currently in barrels. I counted 16 barrels when I was there a few weeks ago, dating back as far as 2010. Most were summer 2012. I was hoping we'd see some of those soon.. The first batch only spent 2 years in barrels.

Sampled mattina at the brewery couple weeks ago. Aside from carb issues this one is ****ing awesome.

EDIT: This guy didnt see distro, correct?

Mattina? No, but it was supposed to. Lotta bottles labeled and all, IIRC. They torpedoed it after the carb issues. God damn, whose balls did you have to fondle to get a bottle of that opened?

Mattina? No, but it was supposed to. Lotta bottles labeled and all, IIRC. They torpedoed it after the carb issues. God damn, whose balls did you have to fondle to get a bottle of that opened?

Awesome dude served us the tasting and we were going back and forth about the tasting that day (house beer, white, saison, Bourbon black) while the visit was the highlight of my trip i was not able to get any coolship/bottles and the taps were all sampled before. Almost finished with the tasting i saw him open one up and pour it among friends (i assume). He looked over at my curious face and proceeded to grab another bottle. Poured 2 snifters for me and SWMBO. Really awsome sour, just wish it had a touch more carb for palate scrubbing. Had a slight medicinal finish that i think carb would of taken care off also. Bottles he grabbed were labeled.

Torpedoed??

Awesome dude served us the tasting and we were going back and forth about the tasting that day (house beer, white, saison, Bourbon black) while the visit was the highlight of my trip i was not able to get any coolship/bottles and the taps were all sampled before. Almost finished with the tasting i saw him open one up and pour it among friends (i assume). He looked over at my curious face and proceeded to grab another bottle. Poured 2 snifters for me and SWMBO. Really awsome sour, just wish it had a touch more carb for palate scrubbing. Had a slight medicinal finish that i think carb would of taken care off also. Bottles he grabbed were labeled.

Torpedoed??

That's awesome.

All I meant by torpedoed was that they were pretty far along in the process of releasing it and they killed it at the last minute (from what I've heard) - they fully expected the bottles to carb up and they just didn't for some reason.

Back