Andy Rooney

Discussion in 'Guys, what's ISO:FT?' started by Warfare Noise, Aug 6, 2016.

1. TNGabe

TNGabe

2. jakeox

jakeox

Mate.

3. CrackIsWack

CrackIsWack

Duderino

Make beer fun again

The next time someone says the word mouthfeel in a fucking bar, I'll make them feel my fucking fist in the mouth.

I'm all about enjoying a whale as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to jizz my load or sell my spleen for it. I'm at the point that whale hunting is a never ending chase. Get poor or die trying.....

Drink your beer, enjoy your time with whomever you're with and leave it at that.

Can I get an AMEN??? (In a James Brown way?)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
    tosh, Photekut, Stubs and 1 other person like this.
  4. buzzword

buzzword

U JELIS M8?

5. Warfare Noise

Warfare Noise

[​IMG]

60 MINUTES IS MOVING TO LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the wife, our daughter and I are. We plan on relocating to the LA area in spring 2017. And, unlike our move to Denver over 3 years ago, we also plan on working in Los Angeles; as in hitching our wagon to other people stars.

Some of you may have heard that Colorado was generous enough to pay for our moving expenses, but aside from that we'll be crashing socials, getting in the way and doing everything we can to figure out how to got about "banning" a person from a conversation IRL.

We'll probably be in the area a couple of times before our move, and we'll try to be a drag then too.

Until then, I'm looking forward to raising some ire in California ...

Cheers, and Happy Holidays!

Andy

Gonzoillini, tosh, buzzword and 5 others like this.
  6. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

[​IMG]

mateoloco likes this.
  7. Warfare Noise

Warfare Noise

[​IMG]

It’s a fact: 2016 sucked for too many reasons, so let’s make 2017 an awesome year; at least beer-wise. Here are our tips to help achieve that goal.

Screw Lines
    Put your chairs in storage. Stop camping out and waiting in lines for hours at a time. Life is too short, and there are plenty of other great beers to be had. Honest. Instead, spend more time drinking, learning, and socializing at local breweries and bars with your friends.

Put Away Your Phone
    Seriously. Enough. You’re an addict, and it’s a bad look. No one cares about your overfiltered photo, the badges you’ve collected, or your expert opinion at this very moment. If you must, take a quick photo for later. But please, put your damn phone away, lift your head up, make eye contact, and enjoy the people and the world around you.

Mecca Schmecca
    Visit a beer destination that’s not a so-called “beer mecca.” Most are overrated anyway, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised to discover how many cities have solid beer scenes today; lots of small towns do, too. Hell, some even rival the conventional meccas—many of which are saturated with sameness and mediocrity.

Turn That Trend Upside Down
    Our collective palates have been overloaded with indistinguishable IPAs and crude sours thanks to uncreative breweries jumping on the latest trends, and they’re bored. It’s time to revisit forgotten beer styles and refresh unpopular ones, even if they’re not the flavor du jour.

Read Less, Read Better
    As last year proved, there’s a lot of fake news out there. This applies to the world of beer, too, as more media outlets lean toward clickbait, fluff, unproofed articles, advertorials, and content from shills for hire in a desperate attempt to capture your attention and maximize profits. Try limiting your time to sources you trust, and stop wasting it on hacks and rumor-mongers.

Respect Beer.

8. mateoloco

mateoloco

That's tawd in the pink and Jason in the blue, right?

9. abawol01

abawol01

And Candice holding them both.

10. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy

God dammit. I totally agree with them again.

mateoloco and ehammond1 like this.
  11. Warfare Noise

Warfare Noise

Overrated Is Overused!!!!

[​IMG]

Commonly used to disparage movies, artists, celebrities, games, and other people and things in popular culture, the word overrated is grossly overused. As such, it’s become an absolutely meaningless—albeit effective—inflammatory buzzword used to garner clicks, elicit defensive responses, and smugly attempt to disrupt and dismiss constructive opinions from others.

And beer isn’t immune. In countless posts across the internet we see “overrated” used (and misused) as a default reference to beers and brewers by far too many people, usually with no substance to back it up.

Listen: Taste is subjective. There’s no right or wrong. Sure, you’re free to not like a beer as much as others, but if you need to flex your superiority by declaring everyone else categorically wrong, you’re grossly misusing the word. And when we pair that with your inability to clearly express your dislike using more than one word (or maybe even in the form of a meme to reinforce your juvenile intentions), you’re simply trolling.

We believe that it’s the utter lack of understanding and appreciation for the fundamentals that’s brought this unfortunate practice to beer. For example, we’re now seeing people view new brewers who’ve built their entire business on a trend as superior, while those who don’t follow the latest trends are tagged as overrated despite consistently brewing classic styles for decades.

Civility is underrated. If you want to be taken seriously, the misuse and overuse of overrated needs to stop.

Respect Beer.

Ben, exitmusic00, Frank and 9 others like this.
  12. sacrelicio

sacrelicio

The worst drivel they've ever written.

tosh likes this.