Anyone had an '09 Nemesis recently?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CruisaC

Reaction score
That beer was of my faves as far as an "aged" beer back in 2012-ish when I probably finished off the last of a 4 pk I traded for. There were some that felt it was just a boozy mess even then (which I kinda liked). Anyways, not anything like Sweet Repute was to me but maybe that's partly my palate evolving. Would love to #forscience those two with only a slight problem that I currently have neither beer.

Last time was about 14 months ago and it wasn't good. Tons of floaties, very piny and the malt sweetness was almost bordering on medicinal. Just very odd all around. The booze flavor hadn't really subsided, but there was no heat.

7f89d7d21deb96a4e20c26d9761912fb_640x640.jpg

I have an '09 and a '10 (yes, I know they're different beers) that I plan on opening relatively soon. Will report back when I do.

Every time a discussion about this beer pops up, people mention how bad it is...so i whip out a bottle, drink it and then immediately feel like ive been trolled.

I split a case of this with a buddy when it came out and tucked them away to incrementally sample. I dont think I have more than a bottle or 2 remaining. Last time I had it, I thought it was still aging well and the maple flavor was shining moreso than ever.

Every time a discussion about this beer pops up, people mention how bad it is...so i whip out a bottle, drink it and then immediately feel like ive been trolled.

I split a case of this with a buddy when it came out and tucked them away to incrementally sample. I dont think I have more than a bottle or 2 remaining. Last time I had it, I thought it was still aging well and the maple flavor was shining moreso than ever.
I had one maybe within the last 4-5 months I think and it was still good. Really no that much different than Sweet Repute was a few months ago (just less floaties).

I plan on cracking my last one this weekend. It's probably been a year since I've had one. I loved this beer fresh, and I still loved it when I last had it, despite the bourbon still dominating the show.

I did both of them a few weeks back and didn't have any problems with my '09 like that surlytheduff.

No floaties, great amount of maple for being almost 6 years old. Did get somewhat of a mint flavour as well?

The 2010 was drinking really nicely also, almost better than when I had it 2 years ago.
I got that Mint flavor with an older bottle of Better Half.

I'm thinking it comes from aging the Maple.

Latest posts

Back