US - Southwest Arizona Trip! - Help.

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by genuinedisciple, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Lognar

Lognar

In! Was hoping to snag some good Mexican food while I'm in the area. Thanks!

2. NYCBUCKEYE

NYCBUCKEYE

Gentle Bens!

Ryan_G and Lognar like this.
  3. LawIsTheUT

LawIsTheUT

Breweries:
    Borderlands
    Barrio
    Pueblo Vida
    Dragoon
    Iron Johns

Bottle shops: other than Plaza, all do growler fills
    Tap & Bottle
    Bevmo
    Total Wine
    Plaza
    Whole foods

Taps:
    Tap & Bottle
    World of Beer
    Whole Foods

BusinessSloth and Lognar like this.
  4. Lognar

Lognar

Thanks LawIsTheUT!

Any food that you think is a must eat in Tucson?

5. kmello69

kmello69

Lindy's on 4th. Stupid burgers.

This is a giant burger, between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. It was magical

[​IMG]

I second El Guero Canelo, and go to the one on Oracle if possible. There are other Sonoran-style dog places in town, but this is the best. Get the double - 2 hots dogs, 1 bun! :)

[​IMG]

6. Lognar

Lognar

Thanks kmello69! El Guero Canelo is a definite tick! Hnnnngggg! And Lindy's has further complicated my eating plans. So much food and so little time.

kmello69 likes this.
  7. harrymel

harrymel

Thanks for posting this.

I will be in town October 13-18. Any changes? Any tasting you know of? Wanna get beer and eat Pringles or hot dogs?

shelf_turd_ferguson likes this.
  8. shelf_turd_ferguson

shelf_turd_ferguson

Landed in AZ (tus mainly) for a few days, thinking of doing AZ Wilderness tomorrow afternoon. Anyone want to get wild?

I'm in az for a few days, mostly Tucson, which city are you in?

9. LawIsTheUT

LawIsTheUT

Dallas right now. Back in Tucson late tomorrow night.

10. factory

factory

Headed to Phoenix next week (Feb 18-19) for a short work trip; I'll be mainly in Scottsdale. Any new recommendations - food, beer, coffee?

I'm even thinking of driving up to Prescott to hit Superstition. Worth the 3+ hour roundtrip?

11. kevo2007

kevo2007

Keep an eye out for Mother Road Tower Station IPA while you're there. I was able to find ~2 week old cans at Total Wine when I was back in December. Also, if you're looking to try Superstition without driving out to Prescott, I'd recommend hitting up a few nearby Whole Foods. I was able to grab some of their bottles at the one on Mayo Blvd and Scottsdale Road. Depending on when you are in Scottsdale, I've always enjoyed beer/food combo at Brat Haus too. Enjoy the trip!

factory and shelf_turd_ferguson like this.
  12. factory

factory

Thanks, appreciate the help on this. I'll probably look for the bottles at WF. Looks like the trip up north would be a few hours and pricey (they may be totally worth it but the Superstition bottle cost...whoa)

kevo2007 likes this.
  13. kevo2007

kevo2007

Check out Superstition's facebook as well, they'll sometimes post info on stores in greater Phoenix area that receive a shipment or whatnot. I think earlier this week there was something about Gilbert Convenience Mart getting some, but that's going to be a trek from Scottsdale.

I read through this thread again and would toss another vote in support of Angel's Trumpet. I checked it out on a trip a couple months ago and loved it. Great food and very well constructed tap list.

factory likes this.
  14. kevo2007

kevo2007

Heading back to Phoenix in May for a quick weekend, any idea how much distribution (if any) AZ Wilderness kegs see? Not sure I'll be able to make it out to the brewery, although getting some of those 32oz cans would probably make it worthwhile

15. viajero

viajero

What part of town you gonna be in? Craft 64 in Scottsdale has been getting kegs sometimes. The various OHSO locations are another possibility. Also, out on the west side, Ground Control. Not sure how regular any of this is, but they pop up from time to time.

16. kevo2007

kevo2007

I'll be North Phoenix, like 56th St and Bell primarily. I've uber'ed over to the OHSO on Pima before, that could definitely be a saturday night option. Thanks!

17. viajero

viajero

For sure, man. There's a new location at Tatum and Shea too, which just recently had AZW Granola Stout on. And, of course, that puts you not too far from the original Fate location @ Scottsdale and Shea.

18. kevo2007

kevo2007

Awesome, much appreciation for the tips! Don't think I'll make it to Fate this trip but hoping for a longer visit later in the summer.

viajero likes this.
  19. Icculus

Icculus

Thumbs up for Beer Research Institute? Probably only have one night to go out. Would like to divide time between here and AZ Wilderness. Which one has the better grub?

Thanks,

former transplant that transplanted to CO

20. kevo2007

kevo2007

Visiting this weekend, does anyone know if AZ Wilderness still has cans of their berliner available? Also debating heading over Saturday morning for the other half collab, are their releases usually of the shit show variety?