US - South-Atlantic Asheville TBers?!

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by bmh_the_1legend, Sep 29, 2015.

1. andyctree

andyctree

Wolf Laurel is closest.

Or you can take a day trip up to Boone and ski at Beech or Sugar Mountain.

RayP likes this.
  2. RayP

RayP

Hmmm, I thought the other 2 were closer than what they are.

Ever been or hear how Wolf Laurel is? Would prefer to stay in downtown Asheville for a 3 or 4 night weekend, and drive to and from the ski slopes probably 2 of those days while there.

3. HeadytheElder

HeadytheElder

Hey yall.

I'm visiting Asheville this upcoming weekend (Nov 6-8) for a bachelor party and wanted to see if there were any good bottles in the wild right now that I should look for. I definitely wanna grab a few Wicked Weed offerings, is there a way to find out what they have available to-go?

Cheers

4. andyctree

andyctree

They typically have a lot of bottles available, but they don't post what is available anywhere.

HeadytheElder likes this.
  5. Sam Fu

Sam Fu

Fwiw I currently reside in Raleigh but grew up/have family in that area. I frequent Asheville about once a month or two

6. SourMilk

SourMilk

I would personally appreciate this being its own thread. Don't know about anybody else. I can't find shit on Beaufort, and it looks as if this post is being ignored here in the Asheville thread.

7. JulianB

JulianB

Bumping.

Asheville locals and/or frequenters, what are you favorite nice/romantic restaurants in town? Looking to do something a bit more special for dinner this weekend. A few of my friends recommend the chef's menu with wine pairings at Cucina 24. Any thoughts?

8. caaam

caaam

Not familiar with Cucina, and dunno what your threshold of fancy is, but Bull and Beggar should come decently close, and it's amazing (and some awesome cocktails/sneaky good whiskey list). Curate also gets lots of love, deservedly so from what I've heard.

kbs Sam Fu let the man know what's up

9. andyctree

andyctree

Top places to eat:

Bull and the Beggar (for the more adventurous eater)
    Admiral (best food in town)
    Curate (you need reservations way ahead of time)
    Rezaz (I have always enjoyed the food. In Biltmore Village)
    Corner Kitchen (always enjoyed the food. In Biltmore Village)

You can also try out the Nightbell (say chef as Curate, but a little funky) Fancy mixed drinks that the ladies might like.

caaam likes this.
  10. Sam Fu

Sam Fu

Curate
    Rhubarb
    Bouchon

Lots of good options, but I swear by those 3

caaam likes this.
  11. kbs

kbs

Admiral (need a reso today if you want)
    Bull and Beggar is dope. If you are a boss you get the 36oz house-aged ribeye.
    Nightbell has a killer burger (same chef as Curaté)
    For late night whisky go to Double Crown. It's a shithole in the best way.

caaam likes this.
  12. JulianB

JulianB

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Also if anyone in Asheville this weekend wants to do an IP swap of a 4-pack of S'mores Stout (to me) for a 4-pack of French Toast Stout (to you), let me know. Buddy got me 3 packs of FT when it was released that I'm picking up from him.

13. lumpyhead1221

lumpyhead1221

Don't forget about Nightbell - same folks as Curate, really solid cocktails (and burger)..

caaam and Sam Fu like this.
  14. smo

smo

Well looks like I'll be in Asheville for the long memorial day weekend. Just so happens to be beer week :).

I was down a few years ago on a bachelor party and we did a lot of drinking, enjoyed the hell out of the town. This time I am coming with the wife, our little dude and the wife's sister. We are staying within walking distance to downtown. If anyone will be in the area and want to meet up / trade / bottle share - feel free to reach out. I am thinking of checking out beer city festival again, not sure about doing it solo!

15. oelayan

oelayan

We will be in Asheville next weekend for the Burial release and Snozzberry release.

Anyone have any input on how early to get to Green Man on Sunday?

If any of you want to grab a beer hit me up! I'll bring some locals and a bunch of Rhinegeist.

mateoloco and caaam like this.
  16. caaam

caaam

Based on Snozzberry last year, unless they have way more allotments, you'll wanna get there way early. I think the last folks to get bottles were arriving about 45 minutes before sales. Last year was also on a Wednesday. I would plan to get there 2-3 hours early, and prepare to wait around, sadly

I have zero desire to go to this impending disaster

mateoloco, andyctree and oelayan like this.
  17. smo

smo

I'll be in Asheville this weekend and looking to grab a few beers and possibly bring some bottles down to share?

On a side note anyone have a bottle of snozzberry they are looking to trade?

18. Brothnellus

Brothnellus

I'll be staying in Hendersonville for a week starting this Saturday....I'll be getting in sometime in the evening. I plan on being in Asheville all day Sunday, starting with the BA skillet donut release. I'm guessing you'll be there?

19. smo

smo

That's the plan, Hoping to be there!

20. owlsfan

owlsfan

I'll most likely be in Asheville from July 1-4. Any cool events that weekend? Anyone want philly beer? (Probably not tired hands)