US - Southwest Austin this weekend - recomendations?

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by GMRfx, Apr 2, 2015.

1. likesbeer

likesbeer

What's dirty 6th and how dirty is it? Stabby-dirty or catch-something-dirty?

2. air

air

Generally that is considered 6th street east of congress all the way to 35. West 6th, west of there, east 6th, east of 35.

A little of both with a side of tourists (especially bachelor/ette or 21st birthday parties) and drunk college kids; you can see drug deals, fist fights, arrests, people puking, a friend doing the needful and carrying their friend who partied too hard, groups getting thrown out of bars, or if you play your cards right, all of the above within one night!

beernerds, Lutter and likesbeer like this.
  3. blatherbeard

blatherbeard

for me its a walk through laughing at, or oogling half dressed girls while avoiding the bums. But id always hit Easy Tiger when im there. (6th)

likesbeer likes this.
  4. likesbeer

likesbeer

Sounds entertaining and something for us to dabble in for a minute and then gtfo before we become a part of the spectacle.

Would the area south of the river within 35, 290, and 1 be decent? Found a couple of AirBnBs there that might work for our group and it looks close enough to where you suggested that we could cab it or possibly walk.

blatherbeard likes this.
  5. blatherbeard

blatherbeard

Prob close enough that a cab wont be too expensive i believe. If im thinking right about the area you suggest.

sounds like it could be a stretch to walk it though. (at least for me, after a few blocks im out ha ha)

likesbeer likes this.
  6. Lutter

Lutter

This is the only Oasis in that jackassery, lol. I know at least 2 guys that have gotten drunk, blacked out, and ended up in a holding tank after going a little too dirty on Dirty.

I tend to just hang out at Craft Pride and drink Yellow Rose tho.

blatherbeard and likesbeer like this.
  7. likesbeer

likesbeer

It would be a slow, meandering walk or a cab split between several people. But I'm not in charge of where we stay. I'll give them this input for sure, though.
    Hopefully I will be doing this at least one day, if not more.

I'm really looking forward to this trip so thanks for the help, ya'll.

8. air

air

No Lyft/Uber here by the way, but there's like 5 different apps to use now. I like Fasten and Fare the most, pm me for a code when it's closer to the date.

likesbeer likes this.
  9. likesbeer

likesbeer

Will do. I'll try to bring something from Ohio and make time to meet up with TBers if people are free. Hopefully Bodhi bottles are a real thing by then.

Touch_My_BrettSacch likes this.
  10. flabbyjandro

flabbyjandro

Hey Austin residents, I'll be in town for a conference and staying around 5660 north I35. Any suggestions or Yellow Rose sightings? Hoping to get some bottles as it was dry last time everywhere I went. Thanks!

East1stgrocery likes this.
  11. air

air

Your best bet is keeping an eye on twitter accounts of East1stgrocery, Sunrise Mini Mart, and HEB Hancock.

flabbyjandro likes this.
  12. Lutter

Lutter

Heh. Your hotel is one of the ones I do accounting for.

Since you're literally across the street from where my office is, I can tell you that I normally hit Pinthouse Pizza and Draught House after work. They're within 2-3 miles of your hotel. Draught House usually always has Yellow Rose on.

As far as bottles, you just gotta hit it right. Spec's Airport is literally 1/2 mile from your hotel and will have YR on the right day. It's so damn random when it hits though.

flabbyjandro likes this.
  13. flabbyjandro

flabbyjandro

Good man

14. flabbyjandro

flabbyjandro

Looks like I know where I'm going after craft pride

blatherbeard likes this.
  15. flabbyjandro

flabbyjandro

Draught house was awesome, thanks for the suggestion!

Chadzero, blatherbeard and Lutter like this.