Bamberg (Maybe also Nürnberg?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alkaseltzer

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm going to Bamberg to have some smoked beers and we'll be staying in Nurenberg. It's just four days but I think that's quite enough to have many regional beers.

I don't think I'll go to Schlenkerla, as their beers are fully available in Czech too, but I will probably do Spezial and Fassla or something along those lines. Another goal is to go to Weyermann and try their experimental brews and stuff.

In Nurenberg we'll check out some of the bars I suppose.

Anyone here who has been to those towns for some beer adventures?

I'll post my impressions afterwards, for the thirsty folk to come after me.

Hey guys.

I'm going to Bamberg to have some smoked beers and we'll be staying in Nurenberg. It's just four days but I think that's quite enough to have many regional beers.

I don't think I'll go to Schlenkerla, as their beers are fully available in Czech too, but I will probably do Spezial and Fassla or something along those lines. Another goal is to go to Weyermann and try their experimental brews and stuff.

Hopefully this reply isn't too late...

If you are looking for a good non-Schlenkerla smoked beer you can go by foot up to the Spezial Keller. The smoked beer there is out-of-this-world. That's the only beer they sell there, or at least that was the case when I was there.

I've always enjoyed Klosterbräu although I hear they've been pretty hit-or-miss lately. Mahr's is good, and I hear good things about Keesman Pils although I've never had one.

I've always wanted to go to nearby Buttenheim to hit up St. Georgenbräu and Löwenbräu Buttenheim, but I never made it out there. If you see some St. Georgenbräu Kellerbier in Bamberg be sure to grab some.

Hey guys.

Big fan of Schlenkerla's restaurant though...really cool place. Don't sleep on it. Overall, Bamberg is a really nice town...pretty picturesque.

Agree with Spezial too.

Back