Base Camp Brewing Owner Jailed - Bizarre Freakout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexM

Reaction score
WTH ... owner and brewmaster of Base Camp Brewing, Justin Fay, has been jailed for repeated 911 calls over homeless and was in possession of a loaded assault rifle. Will be in Portland next week and was looking forward to a S'more Stout. o_O

"A 33-year-old man called 911 dispatchers a total of 7 times in 10 minutes to complain about the mayor and the city’s homeless situation, according to court documents.

Justin Mark Fay is charged with one count of improper use of an emergency reporting system, 2nd-degree criminal mischief and unlawful possession of a short-barreled rifle."

NON-TMZ source -> http://koin.com/2016/03/30/man-jailed-for-repeated-911-calls-over-homeless/

I know it's Portland and all, but what do you think the chances are of a non-white person surviving opening the door to greet police holding an assault rifle?
han-solo-odds.gif

He also told the cops that he had a lot more guns in the house, and he was going to go and get some more and kill them. Then on the way to the station, he kicked out a window of the cop car!

Definitely would have been killed if he wasn't a white male.

They cater to outdoorsy climber types and the brewery is real nice. The beers are probably the worst in town.

The place is beautiful and the falafel truck outside is great. I think they have some solid beers and it's a cool place to hang out, especially on a SE beer crawl.
Worst in town? really? I think there are a lot of places that are far worse in PDX. Are they earth shattering? No. Is it maybe a great gateway to better beer? Yes.
PDX has the luxury of having so many great things, in many cities people would be ecstatic with Base Camp.

The place is beautiful and the falafel truck outside is great. I think they have some solid beers and it's a cool place to hang out, especially on a SE beer crawl.
Worst in town? really? I think there are a lot of places that are far worse in PDX. Are they earth shattering? No. Is it maybe a great gateway to better beer? Yes.
PDX has the luxury of having so many great things, in many cities people would be ecstatic with Base Camp.

The last time I was there (6 months ago) I had every beer on tap (except the IPA) and thought they were all terrible. So, yeah, maybe there is some place that makes even shittier beer, but I've probably never been there. It is a nice space and the food truck is solid, can't argue with that. I just hate it when a place puts so much effort into marketing and then turns out a less than optimal product.

The last time I was there (6 months ago) I had every beer on tap (except the IPA) and thought they were all terrible. So, yeah, maybe there is some place that makes even shittier beer, but I've probably never been there. It is a nice space and the food truck is solid, can't argue with that. I just hate it when a place puts so much effort into marketing and then turns out a less than optimal product.

Their IPA is pretty much their best beer! Ahaha. I also like their gimmicky marshmallow stout with a caramelized marshmallow garnish. Otherwise, I wouldn't say terrible but incredibly mediocre.

Their IPA is pretty much their best beer! Ahaha. I also like their gimmicky marshmallow stout with a caramelized marshmallow garnish. Otherwise, I wouldn't say terrible but incredibly mediocre.

Figures. I'm allergic to IPAs so I don't mess with that. The stout is only palatable with a ****ing roasted marshmallow in the glass. Not a good sign for a beer IMO.

All I needed was one listen to the brewing network podcast where they interviewed them. Most Brewers are very candid on there but they were talking like they had some classified "proprietary" secret on how they pump out lagers in under 3 weeks. ****ing please.

They make shitty beers and it shows. So please keep pumping out shitty "lagers" in record time and I will continue not to drink them. They are a marketing company with a beer business. I won't be surprised when they team up with like Poler or some other company to create a branded cooler/stove for urban flannel wearing shit****s.

I dont buy their beer and this asinine story solidifies my choice.

Latest posts

Back