Bay Area Beer/Whiskey shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flabbyjandro

Reaction score
I'm going to be staying in Fisherman's wharf Tue-Thur this week, but planning to hit Rare barrel and City Beer store. Will be able to get around via taxi and looking for any other suggested beer or spirit stores I might find locals like RR, Alpine, Sara??etc. I also like single barrel whiskeys so if any suggestions on shops that may carry limited stuff I'd love any advice you World Series champs can provide...last time I was in town the Giants won the series so I swear I'm a good dude. Thanks!

I don't think SARA is really distributed legally anymore, though City Beer used to carry some of their stuff. Alpine isn't distributed in bottles here, but City Beer should have a tap or two. Maybe Toronado.

Try Cask or K&L for spirits.

I'm going to be staying in Fisherman's wharf Tue-Thur this week, but planning to hit Rare barrel and City Beer store. Will be able to get around via taxi and looking for any other suggested beer or spirit stores I might find locals like RR, Alpine, Sara??etc. I also like single barrel whiskeys so if any suggestions on shops that may carry limited stuff I'd love any advice you World Series champs can provide...last time I was in town the Giants won the series so I swear I'm a good dude. Thanks!

it's a crapshoot to find RR bottles other than damnation, and sante/alpine are a guaranteed no-go.

both healthy spirits locations are awesome for whiskey and beer.

if you want RR sours, the best bet is to find a non-salty local with a good stash and bribe them with good stuff from your locale. hint.

Unless you're a club member, The Rare Barrel isn't going to be open to you this Tues-Thurs.

if you want RR sours, the best bet is to find a non-salty local with a good stash and bribe them with good stuff from your locale. hint.
^This.

Since you are staying in Fisherman's Wharf it is a short walk to La Trappe and Churchkey, two great local beer spots. La Trappe caters more to belgian beers and has good food in a cool environment. Churchkey is a local bar with a great tap list and get some pizza from Golden Boy. Thank me later.

And you won't find any of those bottles locally without going to the brewery.

I would strongly suggest making it to Cellarmaker as well. You will not regret that trip if you have never been. I know some beers can be a tad expensive, but healthy spirits has a pretty good selection of harder to get beers and whiskey.

Hit up cellarmaker in Sept, place rocks. Is healthy spirits reasonable on whiskey up charge or do they have good bottles cause they charge craigslist prices? Thanks all.

Hit up cellarmaker in Sept, place rocks. Is healthy spirits reasonable on whiskey up charge or do they have good bottles cause they charge craigslist prices? Thanks all.
HS is slightly higher than say - bevmo -
but certainly not secondary market prices.

Back