Bay Area Tasting: Thursday December 18th @6PM At Beer Revolution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupac2

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's that time again. Provided that they'll still have us, it'll be at Beer Revolution on Thursday, December 18th.

Bring a bottle or two (try not to bring more than 2 750's equivalent of beer, unless you want to bring some home) or buy something there. Actually, buy something there anyway, a bottle or something on tap, because Beer Rev doesn't need to generously host us and we should show them we appreciate it. And don't worry about having something "good enough", that's not the point.

And remember, DO NOT OPEN BOTTLES YOURSELF. All bottles need to be opened by an employee at the bar. Beer Revolution doesn't have to host us, please don't make hosting hard on them in any way.

Finally, this is open to one and all, so don't worry if you haven't been before.

If you have any questions just let me know!

I'm down to a weak maybe, sadly -- I'll try to make it if my other commitment goes shorter than I think.

I'll be taking the BART there (well, to 12th St) from SF, yeah.

I'll also be taking Bart.

Hoping my box from when I was home over Thanksgiving arrives in time (got sent at end of the week). If so I'll bring something from that, if not I'll have to see what I got around.

Also releasing at the trappist, right up the street from Beer Rev.

THANK YOU, you just made it an easy call! : D

I was thinking of bringing a Westy 12, BCBW '14, and BCBCS '14 (Stupac, not sure if you got a chance to try this year's after getting your hands on the '13).

Also, anyone else plan to be at the Trappist Provisions earlier to try some Abraxas?

I was thinking of bringing a Westy 12, BCBW '14, and BCBCS '14 (Stupac, not sure if you got a chance to try this year's after getting your hands on the '13).

Also, anyone else plan to be at the Trappist Provisions earlier to try some Abraxas?
Just a heads up, there may be enough people today that a 12-ounce (or smaller) bottle results in really small pours. I generally try to either bring two or bring a larger bottle for these tastings.

Of course, it's possible that only 6 people show up again and then one will be perfect!

I'm going earlier, but I'll probably take an early lunch from work and go at 11:30 for the bottles.

Well, I now have a work meeting starting at 5! Might not be able to show up until closer to 7 if meeting runs as long as I anticipate. :-/

Just a heads up, there may be enough people today that a 12-ounce (or smaller) bottle results in really small pours. I generally try to either bring two or bring a larger bottle for these tastings.

Of course, it's possible that only 6 people show up again and then one will be perfect!

Ok, I'll bring 2 each of the coffee and barleywine. Only have 1 westy but I'll bring it anyways. See you guys there!

Last edited:
Anyone showing up early who can help me hold a couple barrels?

I'm here already, green shirt with a dinosaur.

Still in the ****ing meeting. I'm crossing fingers to bounce the office by 6:15 or so. You guys (beers) still be around 7ish?

No this tasting will only take half an hour.
left-out.jpg

Good times last night, fellas. Sad I missed out on the Westy and a few others, but stoked on what I got to try, particularly Darkness and BCBCS.

Anyone get a photo of the lineup at the end?

Back