Bay Area Tasting: Thursday November 13th @6PM At Beer Revolution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupac2

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's well past that time. I've decided that, since about equal numbers of people can make both dates, we'll go with the one that gives more time to get the word out. Provided that they'll still have us, it'll be at Beer Revolution on Thursday, November 13th.

Bring a bottle or two (try not to bring more than 2 750's equivalent of beer, unless you want to bring some home) or buy something there. Actually, buy something there anyway, a bottle or something on tap, because Beer Rev doesn't need to generously host us and we should show them we appreciate it. And don't worry about having something "good enough", that's not the point.

And remember, DO NOT OPEN BOTTLES YOURSELF. I've been informed that we no longer need to go to the bar, but only one person can open bottles, and that will be me. Beer Revolution doesn't have to host us, please don't make hosting hard on them in any way.

Finally, this is open to one and all, so don't worry if you haven't been before.

If you have any questions just let me know!

I am out of town at a conference....next time.

It's on the calendar and should be good for me. Thanks for putting this together. How late does these usually run? I assume it would depend on number of attendees.

It's on the calendar and should be good for me. Thanks for putting this together. How late does these usually run? I assume it would depend on number of attendees.
Yup. I'd say normal is >3 hours.

I have a project wrapping up on Friday, so I'm quite sure I'll be working Thursday night. Ah, well.

How long do these things last? Might go and show up around 7. Really depends how lazy I am and what time I'm free

I plan on being there a tad early as traffic is going to SUCK today. I am also bringing 2 beers. SHould we list them so we don;t have duplicates?

I plan on being there a tad early as traffic is going to SUCK today. I am also bringing 2 beers. SHould we list them so we don;t have duplicates?
We can, but it also doesn't matter much. I'm a bit sad because my wife can't make it, so I was limited to stuff she doesn't want to drink, which isn't a great list. So I went for "well, these might have done interesting things..." and am bringing a 2012 Alesmith BA Wee Heavy and a 2011 Stone IRS. We'll see what age has done to those guys...

I'm also planning on being there an hour early so I can grab some food and hopefully snag some adjacent barrels inside.

We can, but it also doesn't matter much. I'm a bit sad because my wife can't make it, so I was limited to stuff she doesn't want to drink, which isn't a great list. So I went for "well, these might have done interesting things..." and am bringing a 2012 Alesmith BA Wee Heavy and a 2011 Stone IRS. We'll see what age has done to those guys...

I'm also planning on being there an hour early so I can grab some food and hopefully snag some adjacent barrels inside.

Perfect. I'm bringing a Bo and Luke (14) and a WW Oblivion. I haven't had Bo and Luke before so why not enjoy it, lol.

I'll bring a Lee Kriek. I'll dig up a less interesting bottle as well since people seem to be bringing two.

Yeah i was thinking, man, if 10 people show up, thats 20 bottles. I have to drive home hahaha.
Well, yes, but 10 people are drinking those bottles, so it's only two bottles each over 3-4 hours. So it's not really that bad.

Does buying food from the adjacent restaurant count as supporting BR? I know there is some connection with them, but I'm not sure if that counts as a proper good faith gesture for BR allowing us to do this. I'm happy to buy a bottle to take home, but it'd be cool to get two birds with one stone.

Does buying food from the adjacent restaurant count as supporting BR? I know there is some connection with them, but I'm not sure if that counts as a proper good faith gesture for BR allowing us to do this. I'm happy to buy a bottle to take home, but it'd be cool to get two birds with one stone.
I actually don't know. I believe they're unrelated at this point but I'm not certain.

I actually don't know. I believe they're unrelated at this point but I'm not certain.
Someone who I thought worked for BR gave me a menu there last time I was there. I'll just pick up a bottle or something.

stupac2 you have a head count of who is all going? just wondering how many people are gonna be there
No ****ing idea! From the looks of it, at least 4.

In fact, that's my biggest problem with organizing these. I rarely have any inkling at all what the turnout will look like, and it makes planning problematic. Oh well!

Back