Bay Area Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dammit. stupid grad school classes getting in the way of stuff that gets me blasted.

Seeing as Cable Car is releasing in 2 weeks, what is the release like? Do I gotta go line up really early/night before? Limit 1? Do they have it on draft? I've tried finding details and can't online. How was last years release?

Seeing as Cable Car is releasing in 2 weeks, what is the release like? Do I gotta go line up really early/night before? Limit 1? Do they have it on draft? I've tried finding details and can't online. How was last years release?
What are you talking about, willis?

Cable Car...October 17th in both Toronado's per Toronado SD's twitter.

EDIT: Toronadosd announced date. Tomme essentially confirmed when someone asked when they'd go on sale in SF
Well, the last time they sold Cable Car people just lined up at the time of sale and got their bottles, it was pretty easy. But that was announced the day of, this one will likely be a tad more complicated.

Last year it was totally silent, 2-bottle-limit release. They did two waves, about a week apart. This year, Toronado sent out an email (which I received) confirming the date. I'm assuming it will be worse with the advance notice.

Goose Island Tap Takeover tonight @ Mad Dog in the Fog. They had Rare, Cherry Rye, Coffee and Vanilla last night at the Willows. Also, Matilda Lambicus, Madame Rose, and additional sours/Belgians I am forgetting.

edit: crap. redundant post. I am stupid.

Last year it was totally silent, 2-bottle-limit release. They did two waves, about a week apart. This year, Toronado sent out an email (which I received) confirming the date. I'm assuming it will be worse with the advance notice.

Toronado SF sent out an email? Seems quite technologically advanced for them. So the date is October 17th, sometime between 11 am and 2 am?

For a short period of time were engaging in this new thing called social networking on firendster, but that was short lived. I commend Toronado for trying but they should stick to what they know best, customer service.
The person who was doing that moved on.

I'm gonna be there. I'm just wondering if I should get there when they open and drink all day or show up in the mid-afternoon
There's not really any precedent for this, but the first time they did this, when it was announced on FB the day of, there were leftovers (I was offered more than my allotment and didn't buy it because I'm a ****ing idiot). But with this much lead time? I dunno, could get gnarly.

The other problem is that there won't be any kind of line, so being there early might not be an advantage at all. I definitely got my bottles after people who arrived after me last time, but no one really cared because it was clear we'd all get some. Might not be so congenial this time...

FfaC, Beatification and this sale. Looks like I'm dropping a bunch of money on beer this month.
Was fanboi-ing with Vinnie on Tuesday evening, and he said b6 Beat was probably landing more in the December-January window (so your credit cards will get a short reprieve).

You were wrong. My pants touch my nipples. I am winner nerd in this area.

Also, the CC release will be bad. I imagine it will be like a Txx event... HaveUSeenMyPeepee, harem, crowds....
I will be there early regardless, I figure it'll be bad and I don't want haveuseenmycellar to get all the Cable Car

Was fanboi-ing with Vinnie on Tuesday evening, and he said b6 Beat was probably landing more in the December-January window (so your credit cards will get a short reprieve).
That's weird. Usually when stuff is on the board as Coming Soon, it's only a couple of weeks away. But I do welcome the lessened stress on my bank account.

Back