US - Pacific Bay Area Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by drgarage, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MrDave

MrDave

I have a feeling N-95 and N-100 masks are selling out everywhere.

bigstrunso likes this.
  2. matedog

matedog

They say stay inside, but if your house is as drafty as mine is, does that really do much? I've tried to put towels over some of the more egregious openings.

bigstrunso likes this.
  3. brokensail

brokensail

Luckily the smoke has been pretty mild out in Dublin/Pleasanton except for Monday. But it's really bad here in Emeryville. We suspended all field work until the air quality improves (granted my firm is very conservative on H&S).

Looks like my aunt and uncle and cousin who live in Suisun and Fairfield have been told to make sure they're ready to leave.

This is just really bad. I've sent some money to the Red Cross but are there any other organizations I should look to support?

litheum94 and tosh like this.
  4. MrDave

MrDave

Not sure about other areas of the bay, but N-95 masks are sold out in Concord/WC/PH area at OSH, Home Depot, Lowe's, ACE, and Sears. A buddy from Hop Grenade picked me up a pack from a little joint in Martinez. I'd say grab them while you can if you are feeling any physical effects from the smoke. The dull headache and slight nausea were enough for me to look further into this.

Oaklandtraders, litheum94 and tosh like this.
  5. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

Sold out everyplace I've checked along with most of Amazon Warehouses near the bay area. Earliest to get a mask to the bay area is next week, even with paying extra for fastest shipping.

If anyone has a tip on a spot to grab one, let me know. My partner's a teacher and the school is looking for masks to hand out to students and staff.

#TalkAirQuailityMasks

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM
    gregkoko and MrDave like this.
  6. MrDave

MrDave

This is insane. PG&E should send truckloads from out of the area to be given away in every smokey city and town.

gregkoko and litheum94 like this.
  7. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

ISO: N-95 Masks FT: Hazy IPAs

:(

8. coldstorage

coldstorage

I heard on radio amazon is offering free expedited shipping on the masks to people in affected areas. Might have to call to get it. Sorry I don't have more info

BrandoSF, litheum94 and MrDave like this.
  9. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

we paid for expedited shipping but fastest I could find to get here was Tuesday. Least the packs of the masks weren't that expensive.

10. MrDave

MrDave

Just missed the east coast deadline, otherwise I'd have had my Boston coworkers overnight some.

11. coldstorage

coldstorage

Yeah I guess some Alice dj (my wife you know, I would never listen to such schlock :) ) said he got free overnight with some promotion (so, here by tomorrow? Or Saturday since amazon has that weekend game?) might even be worth a call on your order to speed things up, or at least a refund in your shipping. Could also be more trouble than your time is worth.

I'm going no mask and just suffering in the middle of it because fuck life anyways but very concerned what I might be exposing my year old son too. Talking with the wife about trying to get out of town for the weekend but on the other hand work made sure to survey me and being that my house isn't burned down (to be fair we have 6 employees out of 90 that did lose everything) they are keen on me coming in this weekend to the Mobile office they have set up :-/

I need to find a new line of work...

BrandoSF and litheum94 like this.
  12. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

California Academy of Sciences and Exploratorium are free for families affected by the fire. If time allows, maybe kill some time there. Lots of cool stuff for the kiddo. Heading there tomorrow or SARA since work is shutdown.

Also, Amazon CS is waiving the expedited shipping costs and asking the supplier to send the masks as quickly as possible if you ask.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 6:02 PM
    BrandoSF, Tlo4sho, litheum94 and 2 others like this.
  13. litheum94

litheum94

I know Redwood credit union has something set up.

BrandoSF likes this.
  14. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

What a deal!? 10% off. Soooo you are making money off the tragedy and current news instead of maybe donating it!? Or am I being cynical?

BrandoSF, brokensail, Tlo4sho and 3 others like this.
  15. coldstorage

coldstorage

Yeah that shit seems super weird

BrandoSF and brokensail like this.
  16. matedog

matedog

17. tosh

tosh

Wow

brokensail, BrandoSF and Tlo4sho like this.
  18. matedog

matedog

I commented on insta asking if proceeds went to those affected. Let’s see if they respond.

19. litheum94

litheum94

Seems like that should be 10% donated, not off.

BrandoSF and tosh like this.
  20. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

CAREFUL, I was blocked by them on IG and asked not to come into their store again (via PM) for asking about IPAs in the window (direct sunlight). They probably will take your comment as a full scale attack.

Arbitrator, Tlo4sho and tosh like this.