US - Pacific Bay Area Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by drgarage, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Juncture

Juncture

Blind Pig > Topper > Pliny

Although they're all good. Pliny gets a lot of shit for being over hyped, but people forget that this was probably one of the best beers on the west coast about 5 or 6 years ago. Beer and everyone's preferences changed, Pliny has not.

jtmartino likes this.
  2. chemman14

chemman14

I still liked BP more then haha. Still like BP more than any west coast IPA out there. Just so fucking good.

3. rrryanc

rrryanc

Still like Pliny more than Blind Pig.

[​IMG]

Had fresh Heady last weekend and it was the best I remember it ever being. Seems like a traditional WC IPA compared to the shit out there these days...

4. pen15clubmember

pen15clubmember

Blind Pig is like my 5th favorite hoppy beer from RR.

In a related story, someone posted a video inside the new Windsor location to an sf area beer FB group. Looks nice but also like a country club. Like you would not know it’s a brewery from what I saw.

Lupulin the 3rd and KevSal like this.
  5. Juncture

Juncture

I wonder what would happen if you mixed 50/50 Pliny and Blind Pig. We can call it Blind Pliny the Elder Pig.

6. nothingisreal

nothingisreal

[​IMG]

7. Lupulin the 3rd

Lupulin the 3rd

I saw that same video. I'm not too keen on that space based on what I saw in the video to be perfectly honest. It didn't give me the impression of an accessible place.

8. Hot Dog Sandwich

Hot Dog Sandwich

Ever since they shut down Windsor Waterworks, I haven't been able to go back to the wonderful roadside attraction of Windsor. Maybe this will change for me, and swing by Tilted Shed too.

brokensail, litheum94 and KevSal like this.
  9. pen15clubmember

pen15clubmember

Honestly don't recall any other brewpubs that look that...sterile. Maybe they're still working on the decor, but it's just odd. I stand by the country club thing, but it could also pass for a bland winery tasting room. This is based on a two minute video, but it just seems really underwhelming. Still plan to check it out sometime soonish.

There's a slideshow in this article.

Lupulin the 3rd likes this.
  10. Juncture

Juncture

:D Evil Willy Wonka

11. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

[​IMG]

jtmartino, BrandoSF and KevSal like this.
  12. Lupulin the 3rd

Lupulin the 3rd

It reminded me of how Provisions in OC looked, but much less country chic. I like places that look inviting, and that's not what I got out of the video. I would expect them to improve the space in time though.

13. litheum94

litheum94

Nick (bartender at RR) introduced me to this. It is very, very good. Drank it quite often when I still lived in Santa Rosa. Think he referred to it as Piggy the Elder.

14. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy

You and box_social coming the weekends before and after my birthday are giving me some hard choices when I have to work ever 2-3 weekends.

15. KevSal

KevSal

is this the video you guys were talking about? seems like a cool spot

16. chemman14

chemman14

Yeah but it totally does have a country club vibe going on. Nothing like any brewery/brewpub I have ever been to.

pen15clubmember and KevSal like this.
  17. matedog

matedog

I think the winery description is pretty accurate. But that's fine with me. If people want the more homey (albeit swamped with people) vibe, they can still go to the downtown SR location.

KevSal and chemman14 like this.
  18. Lupulin the 3rd

Lupulin the 3rd

It was a different video. Yours looks more thorough and higher quality. The place isn't awful by any means. I suppose it comes down to personal preferences. I tend to gravitate towards more down-to-earth or homey places. I'm not opposed to places that don't fit that description though. I really liked Brus in Copenhagen. The decor is very much Danish modern, yet it's still a pretty inviting place. Anyway, I've linked the video below.

pen15clubmember and KevSal like this.
  19. KevSal

KevSal

very cool. i definitly see the very clean area, much different then there down town pub. theres an empty room in the very back behing a bunch of glass im interested in, im wondering if a coolship will go there. theres also an area to the left that looks like it might be their to-go area, im hoping to visit soon tho!

Lupulin the 3rd likes this.
  20. mjl21

mjl21

They’re going to have a 3 barrel test batch system in that space. The equipment hasn’t arrived yet.

KevSal and BrandoSF like this.