Beer reviews

Discussion in 'Questions, comments, bugs, etc.' started by beerandraiderfan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Are there plans to have beer reviews be a feature on this site?

I'd prefer to have a one stop shopping type of place for my beer commentary, reviews etc. . . Love this place Gene, but my reviews are getting backlogged (around 3000).

aasher and davey101 like this.
  2. davey101

davey101

Seems like a ton of work to integrate, but I would love to ditch BA as my reviewing mistress.

3. Yeah I realize it would be a pain, but this site, visually, content, moderation otherwise is so spot on.

I think you would see a mass exodus from elsewhere, over to here, should it happen. Its the only thing missing.

Definitely on my wish list.

mylameoww, aasher, flexabull and 5 others like this.
  4. davey101

davey101

A good portion of us have a load of reviews too. Might take a while to build up a solid database, but then again most of us review for personal reasons and not so some store can print off a little arbitrary rating tag to stick on a shelf beer.

5. Gene

Gene

It's definitely something I'd love to do, but it's a big job - totally custom from the ground up sort of thing. Maybe someday...

6. ant880

ant880

You are doing it wrong Gene. The correct answer is "This and more will be coming with the site redesign" ;)

7. If you build it, they will come:

People will come Gene, they will come to BT, for reasons they can't fathom, turn up your website's driveway, as innocent as children, longing for the past, a beer community that truly respects beer and doesn't take themselves too seriously. They will pass over the content without even thinking of it. They will talk beer, they will crack funny jokes, talk about Ruebens, cheer their beer making heroes, and review beer with a passion, it will be as if they have dipped themselves in magic beer waters, memories will be so thick, nothing can brush them away!

People will come Gene. America has rolled on. The one constant through the years, has been BEER!

This site, this game, is a part of our past Gene. It reminds of all that was once good, and it could be again.

People will come Gene. People will most definitely come.

8. libbey

libbey

9. thomasaurus rex

thomasaurus rex

The neckbeards will come Gene, the neckbeards will come.

10. JM03

JM03

If you decide to implement this someday, and need a hand, let me know. I am no genius, but I can do a lot of "busy work" getting things typed in.

MarkIntihar and beerandraiderfan like this.
  11. aasher

aasher

Anything to avoid have to change BA reviews to RB reviews...

Previously and beerandraiderfan like this.
  12. Previously

Previously

I got done with 6 and then decided Im done reviewing beer and will just start drinking it now. It was becoming a chore anyhow.

13. aasher

aasher

Yeah since untappd is so easy my reviewing has come to a screeching halt. There's no real need anymore.

14. ilovermont

ilovermont

couldn't agree with this more.

15. stupac2

stupac2

Untappd rulez, reviewing droolz.

16. Michigan

Michigan

[​IMG]

17. drgarage

drgarage

We should just provide a link to dontdrinkbeer. Ball don't lie.

libbey and Previously like this.
  18. dontdrinkbeer

dontdrinkbeer

I
    I can make you a massive disorganized tab. They will love it

MarkIntihar and drgarage like this.
  19. infi

infi

[​IMG]

RAH-SHEEEEEEEEEEEEED WALL-ISSSSSSS.

20. Barroomhero

Barroomhero

I was on another BA alternative site for a while, and we had reviews just set up as another forum. One for beers, one for places. Sure, there was some duplication... But grab a beer you want to review, find the thread and add your review, or create a new one. Worked fine for us.

A full on database would be great, but a forum format would at least allow for reviews with (I would think) minimal effort from those running the site.

Just a thought. Cheers!