Beertopia Fort Mill, SC on 3/10/2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youbrewidrink

Reaction score
I will be in the greater Charlotte area that weekend and was curious if anyone had any experiences.

It sounds like a fun St Patricks Day pregame party with decent beer.

I’d be much more inclined to hit up a few Charlotte breweries that day. Charlotte has a great brewery culture going on now.

I worked this festival a couple of years ago. It attracts the typical "non-beer-people festival crowd", i.e. the same types who go to World Beer Fest and the like. It's super crowded and there's lots of bros trying to drink as much as they can. Largely shelf beers on tap, with possibly a few hidden gems. Last time (March 2015) there was a keg of CBS, which we drained extensively before the fest even started.

I’d be much more inclined to hit up a few Charlotte breweries that day. Charlotte has a great brewery culture going on now.

This. It will be an okay fest but I suspect you'd have a better time, and get to try better beer, checking out Heist, Wooden Robot, Salud, High Branch, etc.

Yea Wooden Robot, Heist, Triple c is allright, birdsong has a really cool outdoor area and some pretty decent beer, etc.. Also, you could hit up goodbottle and salud and probably find some good gems to take back home.

Thanks all, I will be in the area for a few days and will be visiting Wooden Robot, Sugar Creek, Heist, D9, legion and plenty of others. This fest is within walking distance of where I am staying.

Gotta toss in Triple C as well. Went there the other day, and their BA stouts were as good as the atmosphere (Jerry Garcia Band, Clapton, etc.) awesome BA coconut stout, curling on tv, seafod mac from a food truck outside.

Back