Better late than never......

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Manic Meadery, May 17, 2018.

1. Manic Meadery

Manic Meadery

Hey folks......Tony Qualls checking in for the first time. Shocked that it took me this long, but my list of active forums is dwindling so I think I can manage a new one.

A bit about myself.

I'm from Munster, IN. Three Floyds was my introduction to craft beer in 2001. I toured in a band from '99-2012 called Groovatron and it allowed me the pleasure of enjoying the emerging craft beer market that really started to take off 20 years ago. We played a ton of breweries around the country while we were starving musicians. Our taste for new, different, and better beers evolved immensely over the last 2 decades.

My current venture is Manic Meadery. We are TTB approved and working on buildout phase of our 3300sqft facility in Crown Point, IN. We plan to open to the public in late summer/early fall this year. We will have a beautiful tasting room and distribution within IN with Vinoshipper to follow in the future.

We make mead, wine, and cider. We focus on dessert meads, traditional reserve red wines, and sparkling meads and wine. There is no crowd funding at this time and there is no club YET. We are 100% owner financed and hope to keep it that way until we prove our place in the market. This area of the country has a thriving startup mead scene and we are excited to be a part of it.

Sorry if this was TL:DR. Cheers!

Tony

2. tikk

tikk

Welcome to Talkbeer!

Get an avatar, check the place out. Don't just push your meads. Actually contribute to the community before that.

[​IMG]

3. Manic Meadery

Manic Meadery

Thanks for the advice......I likely won't be pushing my meads very much at all. I've owned/moderated many hobby forums over the years and I'm certainly privy to etiquette.

4. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

tikk is a little salty today...you good

5. The Ryan

The Ryan

More information on Crown Point, Indiana:

"On March 3, 1934, FBI "Public Enemy #1" John Dillinger escaped from the "escape-proof" (as it was dubbed by local authorities at the time) Lake County Jail, guarded by many police and national guardsmen. Dillinger apparently escaped using a hand-carved wooden gun blackened with shoe polish, although this was disputed by some witnesses. Dillinger further embarrassed the city, as well as then-42-year-old Sheriff Lillian Holley, by driving off in her brand new V-8 Ford. The press augmented her chagrin with such headlines as: "Slim woman, mother of twins, controlled Dillinger as sheriff." Incensed, Holley declared at the time, "If I ever see John Dillinger again, I'll shoot him dead with my own gun. Don't blame anyone else for this escape. Blame me. I have no political career ahead of me and I don't care." Furthermore, Sheriff Holley made certain the Dillinger name would have no standing in Crown Point up until her death in 1994 at 102."

If John Dillinger were alive today he would drink pastry meads and his licence plate would read: BRN2BETUS

ccbstl, MordorMongo, jmgrub and 13 others like this.
  6. Powzy

Powzy DisapPowzment

Hi, Im Dustin. Did we just become best friends

7. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Wait, this is allowed???

Looking forward to visiting when you're up and running.

MordorMongo, jammery, jmgrub and 7 others like this.
  8. trickytunadicky

trickytunadicky

I knew I liked you. Welcome to TalkBeer! Looking forward to seeing you around.