BIF: New Fantasy Football Keeper League

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by JGlitz87, Jun 21, 2018.

1. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

My fantasy football life is getting a bit "stale", so I am looking to start up a new league for beer folk.

Years back on the other site, I was part of a league that I thought had an awesome structure to keep people involved, and I am going to do my best here to replicate it.

Basic Rules
    Auction Draft
    Free Agent Auction for in season acquisitions
    8 or 12 (ideally 12) person league
    PPR Rules
    2 Keepers per year
    - In season free agents are ineligible for Keepers.
    - To keep owners, must pay $5 more than prior years salary.

Beer Requirements
    Regular Season - 1 bottle plus locals to fill out a small box. All owners will ship regardless of performance
    - Regular Season will be divided into 4 "Segments" Weeks 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12
    - The team with the highest total score in each segment will win 2-3 boxes.
    - I will determine "segment senders" at the start of the season based on geographic diversity. If you win during your shipping segment, I will swap as best as possible.

End of Season
    Owners will ship a 6 shipper or so of wants/good stuff. I will vet those who I do not recognize, potentially asking for you to find a "sponsor" if I can't find a good BIF history for you.

1st Place - 5 boxes
    2nd place - 3 boxes
    3rd place - 1 box

If interested, please PM me and post your preference of host below. I really don't care who we go with.

2. Wagon Circler

Wagon Circler

Message sent.

BrandoSF likes this.
  3. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

You had me till:

Auction draft

I have no idea and so ignorant on it boo

4. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

Auction Drafts are really not that hard. Try a mock draft when they open the mock draft forums. You get $200 (typically) to spend on your roster. Draft is an auction of players as opposed to a snake draft.

mateoloco likes this.
  5. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

Will do

Just never did auction

6. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

I have had a few people express interest, but far from enough to make up a league.

Therefore time to bump this thread.

7. pdurrrr

pdurrrr

I love the "segment" thing. What is your preferred roster structure? I'm partial to no kicker and 2 flex but those aren't dealbreakers for me.

Also have a question about
    Is this just to stop people from getting a 1st round pick at little/no cost? ie Kamara

8. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

I would be up for 2 flex, no kicker.

To your question, yes. 100%. I know some people default them to a 6th round pick, but in an auction draft that is hard to replicate.

pdurrrr likes this.
  9. pdurrrr

pdurrrr

Sure thing. Count me in!

10. RuckIt

RuckIt

Possibly interested... couple questions;
    Have interested people stated preference as to a specific host site? Yahoo would get my vote, just because I'm in other leagues there.
    Positions?
    Scoring system? (Passing TD worth less than Rush/Rec? Fractional points for yardage?)
    Would you consider making the segments 4-week windows? This would make the final segment weeks 13-16, ideally ensuring that even teams not in the playoffs would stick with it in the hopes of winning something.

BIF experience here limited to Wish List, but I've got extensive experience over on the other site in The Locals as well as multiple sports BIF's.

11. pdurrrr

pdurrrr

I have leagues on ESPN and NFL so I would prefer to not do Yahoo. But if I'm the only one who feels that way, I have no problem doing it on Yahoo

12. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

This is the most action to date, so most things are still up in the air.

I will use whatever people want as a site.

For scoring I tend to favor Standard PPR.

For Rosters I was thinking 1xQB, 3xWR, 2xRB, 1xTE, 2xFlex, 1xDEF.

When we do fantasy playoffs is also up for discussion. My ideal situation in a 12 person league is the following
    - Top 6 teams in Playoffs, top 2 teams get byes
    - Playoffs in weeks 13, 14, 15.

I like the above for a few reasons.
    - Everyone plays everyone, so schedules should be fairly balanced in difficulty. Starting year 2, the 13th game is "power matched" game from the prior year. Top 2 from Year 1 play Week 12 year 2, and on down the line.
    - Ending in week 15 means that there is very very very little chance of team dealing with teams sitting people in the championship game.
    - NFL byes are over in week 12, so there are no bye weeks in the fantasy playoffs.

I am going to tag everyone who has expressed interest so far so we can see where we are at and start recruiting from there.

RuckIt likes this.
  13. screwyouguys

screwyouguys

Once I figure out auction drafts I’m in

But I’m a slow learner

RuckIt likes this.
  14. Thevicster

Thevicster

I heard of a new site today called yourrules which allows for complete customization of league rules, including allowing for in game substitutions for injuries...

IN GAME SUBSTITUTIONS...,sounds interesting

screwyouguys likes this.
  15. JGlitz87

JGlitz87

So far the following have expressed interest/committed to a potential league.

Myself
    MikeJones
    pdurrrr
    screwyouguys
    RuckIt

Is that an expression of interest Thevicster

mateoloco runs a league that is currently at 6 and trying to recruit. We are discussing what options we may have of working together as well.

pdurrrr likes this.
  16. RuckIt

RuckIt

I'd love to join 1 league, but not both. Hopefully there's a way for the two to merge so there's not two 8-team leagues out there. I'd even play 14 or 16 teams, but I know that's a bit too deep for most people.

mateoloco likes this.
  17. pdurrrr

pdurrrr

So much this. I love deep leagues. Honestly I'd rather play in a 16 team league than an 8 team league.

But I'd like to reiterate that I'm in for anything

mateoloco likes this.
  18. Thevicster

Thevicster

I'm in Matt's league, I can play both, or if combined that works as well

19. RuckIt

RuckIt

Both MikeJones and I have claimed teams in the other league, bringing ownership up to 8 teams. If the 3 other of you also join, we would only need 1 more owner for a 12 team league.

Merging definitely seems like the best course.

mateoloco, pdurrrr and MikeJones like this.
  20. mateoloco

mateoloco

I tend to agree that merging makes the most sense. We would just need to work out the details on how to make it work for everybody.

RuckIt and pdurrrr like this.