Black Friday Indianapolis BCBS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atoulouk

Reaction score
Who's going to be at Black Friday BCBS release in Indianapolis? Had a great time last year, despite being the first person in line NOT to get a backyard. I'm planning to go to Kahns (aasher ) but also was just notified Big Red is doing one at the same time. What time are you all showing up? MordorMongo ? Boilerfood ? claaark13 ?

Freeze my balls off for 4 hours and no donuts once, shame on me.

Twice? Even I am not that ****ing retarded.

If I can convince wife we can just drive straight home from Thanksgiving dinner with her family I will be there by 7am, if not, I won't bother since we won't be back until 10 or 11 and all the good **** will be gone.

Who's going to be at Black Friday BCBS release in Indianapolis? Had a great time last year, despite being the first person in line NOT to get a backyard. I'm planning to go to Kahns (aasher ) but also was just notified Big Red is doing one at the same time. What time are you all showing up? MordorMongo ? Boilerfood ? claaark13 ?

A buddy of mine is coming into town for this and I have mixed emotions on what to do. I haven't even checked BA to see what kind of crazy **** is going down at Kahn's, but I have an "ace in the sleeve" that I'm hesitant to pull because it is a high risk / medium reward type of play. When you know what you're doing, send a BM. There is a 90% chance I'll have to be to work by 9am, so there's that part I have to consider. If not, all is fair game.

Signs are pointing that way for me as well. I hope some people bring some cool bottles to share.

I think I was standing behind you last year because I was one of the first people to not land a Backyard as well. I had my wife with me who was miserable and had a Parabola and something else I can't remember.

Speaking of bringing bottles, I plan on bringing a couple....maybe some Tilquin or some BA Pipeworks offerings. Also landed a decent amount of Pirate Bomb this year that I could bring.

I think I was standing behind you last year because I was one of the first people to not land a Backyard as well. I had my wife with me who was miserable and had a Parabola and something else I can't remember.
Yeah I think I remember that, at least I remember someone behind me with parabola. I would have been wearing Purdue gear. I opened Cigar City BA Big sound and Gates of Hell.

Speaking of bringing bottles, I plan on bringing a couple....maybe some Tilquin or some BA Pipeworks offerings. Also landed a decent amount of Pirate Bomb this year that I could bring.
I'm not sure what I'm bringing yet, but will be a couple nice bottles. Shoot me a pm with your number and we'll try to connect again.

Hey there -

Happy BCS hunting Naptown friends.....

Not to get off topic, but anything going on next Saturday? Am planning on making the trip for the B1G and would love to see whats poppin off. Hit me up if you have suggestions. FWIW, I know the downtown area is really small, so how busy do you anticipate bars being?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Was at Kahns for all of 5 minutes. Showed up at 6:10 and was 100+ people back. Went to big red and waited 2.5 hrs for 2 packs of reg and 2 bottles of coffee. I was pissed until I got 2 calls from local shops. Total haul:

1128142113_zpszxiofsrt.jpg

Lafayette rules. No way Im messinf around waiting outside next year.

So let's hear those Indy success stories........
I ended up waiting in line 8.5 hours (got wife to come a little later) and got 2 vanillas and 4 coffee. Went to 5 different stores afterward that were only selling regular. I did just come upstairs from filling up a glass from my 1/6 bbl of regular though... so I suppose that is my silver lining. These ****ing releases....

I ended up waiting in line 8.5 hours (got wife to come a little later) and got 2 vanillas and 4 coffee. Went to 5 different stores afterward that were only selling regular. I did just come upstairs from filling up a glass from my 1/6 bbl of regular though... so I suppose that is my silver lining. These ****ing releases....
Parts of that post sound horrific, yet other parts make my penis move.

I will leave it to you to decide which is which.

I am just seeing all of this. As you can tell, the situation is a lose lose situation from here on out. If the number one account for Goose Island in Indiana only gets 50 cases of regular, 2 Vanilla, 3 Coffee, and 12 Barleywine despite going from 3 stores to 1 then why even have a release...

Last year we got 50 regular, 4 Backyard, 5 Coffee, and 12 Barleywine.

Here's a picture from some random place in ****ing Texas, Texas! Look at all of that Coffee :(

Last edited:
I am just seeing all of this. As you can tell, the situation is a lose lose situation from here on out. If the number one account for Goose Island in Indiana only gets 50 cases of regular, 2 Vanilla, 3 Coffee, and 12 Barleywine despite going from 3 stores to 1 then why even have a release...

Here's a picture from some random place in ****ing Texas, Texas! Look at all of that Coffee :(

#datfoopa

See I understand wanting to expand into new markets. Texas and California are huge states with a lot of money. But start out small. Send a decent sized shipment, see how it does, then send more the next year if people go crazy for it. From what I understand, BCBS sat in a lot of those places the last two years.

Back