Blue Lobster 2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apetaster

Reaction score
Has anyone either been to BL lately (since the "parting of ways") or purchased any of their offerings that they're packaging for NH bottle shops? I've not had any since Paul's Boutique and am not planning on any time soon (not just because of the Dave thing) but I was wondering how the new guy was doing and how his stuff is being received.

I went there and sat around for about an hour and tried all the beers on tap about a month ago, just cuz I was staying in the area. Nothing good, all just basic offerings. The berliner was OK, just cuz they had syrups to put in it. I left with no growlers. No point on going back.

Wow, quite the turnaround from when Dave brewed for them.

Reminds me, any status update on Dave?

I stopped by this weekend because I was in the area, I bought a sampler, so tried the whole draft lineup. They only had one beer that I saw as being above average (A BBA English Strong ale) and even that was borderline. Everything else ranged from just OK to very bad. It's sad to see how far their hoppy offerings have fallen off since the brewer switch. The 'drink local regardless of quality' people should keep them in business at least for the time being. The owners just screwed this one up fantastically.

Blue Lobster FB:

Today the Blue Lobster got a little bit rarer on the Sea Coast. We are closing our doors, to pursue new opportunities. Thank you to all of the local beer enthusiasts, restaurants, and bars that have enjoyed drinking with us over the past few years. Special thank you to everyone who has worked with us over the years helping spread the love of beer. Prost!

Lol.

I hope they go out of business sooner rather than later purely for the fact to make way for a Dunkin Donuts.....

tumblr_nlwdf5uVTS1u7gnm9o1_250.gif

tumblr_mront0SLyq1qh7gfao1_500.gif

Back