Boston Beer Celebration (Mikkeller)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padraig

Reaction score
I don't expect most people on here know much about the Copenhagen Beer Celebration but pretty sure this will be epic as ****.

BBC.jpg

Woah there are real bands playing this thing...bands that I'd actually like to see.

Sadly this is the week after my bachelor party and a few weeks before the wedding. Don't think this is happening for me.

It looks like a fun time, but it's also expensive. Not that should be a surprise being that it's Mikkeller.

It looks like a fun time, but it's also expensive. Not that should be a surprise being that it's Mikkeller.

It's not expensive for the quality of the selection they put on.

The one I'm going to next month is nearly $300 for 4 sessions for as many tasters as you can cram into your face. This looks to be broadly similar pricing at $250 for 3 sessions.

Uh. So let's all agree we keep this thread at one page and don't tell anyone else about this. Make it like the first year of The Festival in Worcester. Okay? Great.

Also, that logo is intentionally bad, right? Like someone tried to make a bad logo for comedic effect?

Last edited:
Can you elaborate a bit on the difference between a VIP ticket and a GA ticket?

Website lists unlimited pours (GA comes with 10 tokens), getting in half an hour early, and "access to special beers". Not sure about other perks.

I love the logo. Had the sampler glass from CBC last year but it broke :(

Can you elaborate a bit on the difference between a VIP ticket and a GA ticket?

This is a new development for the US version. Not that I've had to line up for ages to try things like VBDL, DB Huna, BA Cakes, BA Cycle, Stormaktsporter etc. in Copenhagen.

This is a new development for the US version. Not that I've had to line up for ages to try things like VBDL, DB Huna, BA Cakes, BA Cycle, Stormaktsporter etc. in Copenhagen.

When did you have Stormaktsporter at CBC? Narke has never been there when I've attended (2013, 2015). And there were definitely lines for VBDL and it kicked instantly (I think it may have kicked before even opening in 2013). Lines for DB Huna too but I don't recall it kicking as quickly. I feel like BA Cakes had short lines initially but those went away. Cycle pretty much never had lines last year at anytime. One of the nice things about there being so much good beer was that other than those couple of situations there were never really lines.

I'm going to saturday 1st session. Hopefully VIP tickets are worth it and they dont just pour some shelf whales. I'm wondering if the brewer list is final

I'm going to saturday 1st session. Hopefully VIP tickets are worth it and they dont just pour some shelf whales. I'm wondering if the brewer list is final

says more to be added. i'm trying to figure out session i'll be at but thinking saturday daytime as well

"(More to be announced)" right under the brewery list. A few I've never heard of on that list.

Nice I missed that on the flyer from the tweet but didn't see it mentioned on the website. The yellow is hurting my eyes

Hmmm...actually just found this on the website

http://copenhagenbeerfest.com/info

HOW DOES MY BREWERY GET INTO THE FESTIVAL?
Sorry, all invitations to the event have been sent out and we do not anticipate being able to add additional breweries.

Also noticed Sam adams wasn't on the flyer but is listed on the website. Barf. So that list could be final or are waiting on maybe some more people to accept?

Goddammit, a great sounding beer event right in the city and I'll have moved by the time it happens

Hmmm...actually just found this on the website

http://copenhagenbeerfest.com/info

HOW DOES MY BREWERY GET INTO THE FESTIVAL?
Sorry, all invitations to the event have been sent out and we do not anticipate being able to add additional breweries.

Also noticed Sam adams wasn't on the flyer but is listed on the website. Barf. So that list could be final or are waiting on maybe some more people to accept?

Guaranteed loads more to come. They never announce anything like the full line up at the start for the European edition.

When did you have Stormaktsporter at CBC? Narke has never been there when I've attended (2013, 2015). And there were definitely lines for VBDL and it kicked instantly (I think it may have kicked before even opening in 2013). Lines for DB Huna too but I don't recall it kicking as quickly. I feel like BA Cakes had short lines initially but those went away. Cycle pretty much never had lines last year at anytime. One of the nice things about there being so much good beer was that other than those couple of situations there were never really lines.

Narke were there in 2014. Same year I had 3 fills of DB Huna. Short line for the first one and no lines at all for the following two.

Note I didn't say there weren't any queues. I said I didn't have to line up for ages for anything.

Going to both Saturday sessions with about a dozen friends. ZFG about relative rarity of anything being poured. Drinking anything from those breweries during Mariachi El Bronx, Tigerman WOAH, and Lucero sets is badass. Bought regular admission and would've paid it for the bands alone. I am so stoked on this.

Back