Bottle Logic Recursion IPA: Who can tell me more about the different versions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalBeerIdiot

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm enjoying a bomber of Version 1.1 right now. I know I've had 2.0 in the past at their tap room and I'm guessing there are different hops in each. What I'm wondering, though, is if version 1.1 is different from 1.0 or just the second running of it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind! They got back to me on FB and Untappd:

"The Recursion series of beers are based on the mathematical principle of recursion, where the solution to a problem depends on solutions to smaller instances of the same problem. By this idea, we're playing with the 'problem' of the perfect West Coast Style IPA. When we make dramatic changes to the recipe, the title will go up a full number: 1.0 to 2.0, etc. When we revisit any of these particular recipes and make minor tweaks, the title will move up by just a decimal point, a la 1.0 to 1.1! The tweaks we made from 1.0 to 1.1 are most evident in the hop profiles."

Question answered!

Back