US - Northwest Bottleworks XV Final Details

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by waltersrj, Feb 26, 2014.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. waltersrj

waltersrj

Cheers,

See you there at 11 a.m.

Our annual Anniversary beer sale and party this year will be held on Tuesday, March 4th. Tomme Arthur from Lost Abbey/Pizza Port Brewing was kind enough to help us make our beer this year and will be here to celebrate us making it fifteen years in the fine beer business.

We expect this to be like the past few releases with a big rush when we open at 11 in the morning, a steady but quieter midday, and another afternoon/evening rush. Using drink tickets has worked well for us in the past so we will use them again. We can take exact change at the bar so bring some $5s and $1s or purchase drink tickets at the front register to be exchanged for beers at the bar. We will refund unused drink tickets. Bottles will be available as soon as we open. The first day price will be $20, with a limit of 12 bottles per person.

Please know your limit. Our anniversary beer and some others we will have on draft will be strong, so be your own voice of reason so we don't have to (it would be a shame if you had to be asked to leave and didn't get a chance to buy bottles to go). Things will likely be too busy for our small shop so be patient, there is plenty of beer to go around. We do ask that you buy bottles as you leave, we will not allow people to bring boxes or bags back into the store once purchased. Lastly, we do not ship, nor do we sell beer over the phone to hold for future pickup. We are thrilled to celebrate 15 years in this great business and can't wait to share this token of our hard work with you. Cheers.

2. shelf_turd_ferguson

shelf_turd_ferguson

Link to source and other beer info (e.g. style)?

3. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

b.y.o.s.s.

[​IMG]

vonnegut21, Der Fuchs, cry me and 2 others like this.
  4. waltersrj

waltersrj

shelf_turd_ferguson likes this.
  5. tjcm8d

tjcm8d

I asked at bottleworks the other day and they just said its a non-sour strong ale aged in tequila barrels and thats all they know..

waltersrj likes this.
  6. evilc

evilc

It's BA Judgment Day basically from what I have read. Maybe a splash of Red Barn.

7. waltersrj

waltersrj

I was hoping for something along the lines of Deviation or Brouwer's Imagination Series #2 Strong Dark Sour.

8. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

ISO!!!

JulianB and waltersrj like this.
  9. duketheredeemer

duketheredeemer

$20/Limit 12 per? At least we know they have a lot of it!

See yall at 11!

waltersrj likes this.
  10. duketheredeemer

duketheredeemer

It is QUIET here. No line.

11. waltersrj

waltersrj

It was delicious. They had to have used some nice Tequila barrels...tastes like they used some brands anejo version. #topshelf

NWer likes this.
  12. drgarage

drgarage Not a real doctor. Lives in garage. Contributor

Does it come across as a Belgian strong dark, or more like Angel's Share in tequila barrels?

13. NWer

NWer

I'll let someone with a more refined palate answer that one. It tastes delicious though. Will be fun to put a few down and taste them over time.
    The crowd was small but high quality beer nerds several who I already knew & a few who I met for the first time. Especially Ryan. Great beer, great conversation. A fun time.

14. waltersrj

waltersrj

I'll say no, only because it didn't seem heavy on dark fruits, and didn't have any tastes that generally appear in BSD's with their yeast (Clove, bubblegum, banana, etc). It didn't taste like the base was judgement day.

It is really quite different than any LA beer I've had.

15. waltersrj

waltersrj

It was great to meet and talk with you as well Larry!

16. duketheredeemer

duketheredeemer

I found it to be definitely more the former than the latter, but neither are really good descriptions. Angel's share is sweeter, thicker, and this does have some Belgian yeast hints going on. That said, BSD wouldn't be the best description either, though I'm not sure what would be better other than putting it in some "AMERICANS TRONGALE" catchall category.

17. csano

csano

Walked in at 4, looked around, had a glass of Bottleworks XII, grabbed a few bottles, and left. The place was as devoid of people as hair on Tomme's face.

lurchingbeast and waltersrj like this.
  18. waltersrj

waltersrj

...or head? ;)

19. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes

#properlostabbeyevent