Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Totally Off-Topic' started by Os, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Os

Os

talking about the sport.. not the Canadian holiday...

any fans of boxing?

if so, what fights did you enjoy recently or which are you looking forward to?

[​IMG]

tacosandbeer likes this.
  2. match1112

match1112

I missed the Klitschko fight yesterday, forgot ESPN had it on, but that Matthysse v Molina was a blody battle that kept me on the edge of my seat last night.

disGRUNTled and Os like this.
  3. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

The Klitschko's are awful and HW boxing is too.

Goddamn snuggling contest.

I miss great boxing.

4. match1112

match1112

HW boxing is on life support but there are some exciting matches between some lighter guys. Problem is that when they get a good matchup the promoters bleed it dry with rematch after rematch. Boxing is probably on it's last legs.

5. Ratman

Ratman

Here we go, HW Boxing is not dead,dying or boring. If you follow the sport, you know its freaking great right now and a few GREAT fights are happening soon. Arreola vs Strenven is in 2 weeks and is for a piece of the Heavyweight Crown, Chris could end up as the next American World Heavyweight Champion, that is freaking HUGE but he lost the first fight Streven cause he got his nose flatten in the 3rd and Strevern could beat him again, so this is big fight that will be action packed.

Next you Fury/Del Boy. Fury is gonna win again but should be a fun HW fight to watch. And when Fury wins he could becomes WLad mantory by the end of the yr, but Wlad is looking to get the winner of Arreola/Stervern, so he can unify the crown.

Then there is Jennings vs Perez. The winner of this fight will be the next contender in the HW divinison. Both guys are undefeated and have been wrecking folks on their rise. Perez look a little off in his last fight but evereyone expected him to rebound and be ready in this fight. It was his fight fight back since putting dude on life support and most think that has wrecked his nerves. Maybe it did, If it did, Jennings will beat the hell out of him.

You also got Wilder knocking out fools left and right, he is on the SLOW train to title shot but he has improved his opponents over the his last few fight. So he is getting there.

And I don't understand how people shit on Wlad over his last fight. He put a beating on Leapi. Hit guy with everything he had on got the KO in 6rds. 62 wins with 52KOS. Wlad is a BEAST.

I LOVE boxing and watch as much as I can and love to talk about every fighter but Floyd or Manny. Their fans are just to dumb.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  6. Os

Os

don't need heavyweights for great boxing...

the welters are stacked in talent and able to put up some amazing fights...

want that Thurman/Porter fight now... would be great

7. match1112

match1112

Amir Kahn doesn't look like he has enough left in the tank to fight for a belt.

Adrian Broner is a piece of crap, hope he never wins again, at least until he acts like he takes it more seriously instead of making a spectacle of everything.

I think technically Mayweather lost but it's gonna require a KO for him to lose.

Discuss and tell me how wrong I am.

lurchingbeast, feel free to tell us how we wasted our time watching boxing instead of old MMA matches on youtube.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  8. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

[​IMG]

But...I like boxing...

Couldn't watch the fight live but I'll catch a replay later today and give my uninformed opinion on it. A friend I trust had it 116-112.

9. 1noa

1noa

I think Mayweather won, but it was much closer than the scorecard showed. I can't believe one judge scored it 117-111.

match1112 likes this.
  10. Ratman

Ratman

Broner isn't anything special, he just built his name by beating up on smaller fighters.

Khan was a disapointment. Collazo isn't a cupcake but Khan should have tried a little harder to really take it to Collazo. By mid fight, you can see Khan was too fast for Collazo but khan look to just coast to the win and then got caught with something dumb like always. He has no inside game and it will keep costing him.

No way Floyd lost. Marcos put up a hell of a fight but i couldn't give him more than 4rds. I had it 8-4 for Floyd.

11. Os

Os

fuck Broner... and Khan for that matter.. those bums should have been fighting each other

I had Floyd by 3 or at minimum 2 points

match1112 likes this.
  12. miikezombie

miikezombie

13. Os

Os

so sad... I was a big Chico fan

miikezombie likes this.
  14. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled

I am a Huge fan of the "Sweet Science" Have a hard drive full of fights and a couple of documentaries , Glad I just found this thread ...

Os and Ratman like this.
  15. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled

Couple of screenshots of my Boxing hard drive
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MEW and Ratman like this.
  16. Ratman

Ratman

^i will post one of mine later.I lost a bunch last yr but still have a few.

disGRUNTled likes this.
  17. Ratman

Ratman

Dam I lost WAY more than I thought. I feel like I just been robbed. :(
    [​IMG]

My only saving grace is that I can get my other HD back from my brother in a few months and retrieve all the one I have on that one.

Os likes this.
  18. Ratman

Ratman

Hope Chris can pull it off tonight but Steverne beat that ass in the first one and has a good shot at during it again tonight.

But WAR Chris. USA,USA,USA!!!

19. Ratman

Ratman

Sucks that Chris lost but that was a Great Freaking Fight.

20. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

Marquez/Alvarado should be a war this weekend.

disGRUNTled and Os like this.