Brewdog planning US brewery in Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewdrinks

Reaction score
"We are also delighted to announce that we are in advance discussions for a site in Columbus, Ohio that would house our USA production brewery. We will hopefully be able to provide you all with more of an update on this as soon as we can. In the meantime, we will continue to work hard to make this plan a reality!"

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/the-latest-from-planet-brewdog

Sounds very preliminary but they clearly have plans to get into the US market properly in 2016.

"We are also delighted to announce that we are in advance discussions for a site in Columbus, Ohio that would house our USA production brewery. We will hopefully be able to provide you all with more of an update on this as soon as we can. In the meantime, we will continue to work hard to make this plan a reality!"

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/the-latest-from-planet-brewdog

Sounds very preliminary but they clearly have plans to get into the US market properly in 2016.
This...seems really unnecessary. Most of their hoppy beers, which are the main ones that would benefit from not being shipped across the ocean, are near-identical to a lot of American craft standards. This is why they're a big deal in the UK, but also why, like Punk or Hardcore isn't going to make people lose their minds here.

This...seems really unnecessary. Most of their hoppy beers, which are the main ones that would benefit from not being shipped across the ocean, are near-identical to a lot of American craft standards. This is why they're a big deal in the UK, but also why, like Punk or Hardcore isn't going to make people lose their minds here.

I agree but I'd be interested in trying some of them. i remember them all be terrible, which at this point I only chock up to the results of the journey across the world

This would be amazing for the Columbus beer scene and economy. I really hope that if this happens, a taproom or brewpub would accompany it. Having Sam Adams in cincy is cool, but they missed and opportunity to weave themselves into the great Ohio beer scene. The brewdogs pubs around the world seem to be really cool, I'd love one here.

Back