Brews for New Avenues 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digita7693

Reaction score
Brought to you by the Ambassador Board of New Avenues for Youth, the third annual Brews for New Avenues features Portland's only live rare beer auction, special craft beer keg tappings, chocolate stout beer floats, food carts, live music, raffles of numerous beer-centric items, and more. All proceeds go to New Avenues for Youth's programs that help Portland's homeless and at-risk youth.

When: Saturday, September 12th, 2015
Where: The Leftbank Annex, Portland, OR

VIP Pre-Event:
2pm - 5pm
$70 entry
Hosted beverages (during VIP & General Admission) and hors d'eouvres (during VIP)
Silent craft beer auction
Commemorative glass
Tshirt designed and printed by INK
A limited amount of VIP tickets remain, to purchase click here:)

GENERAL ADMISSION:
5pm - 10:30pm
$10 entry
Entry includes one beer (two if you register online before August 1st) and a commemorative mug.
-Access to Portland's only live auction of extremely rare beers
-Special craft beer keg tappings
-Chocolate stout beer floats
-Wall of beer! Walk away with a special bottle to take home
-Live music
-Food carts: Pulehu Pizza and Koi Fusion
-Raffles for beer-centric items from all over Portland
-Free root beer floats for designated drivers

Visit http://www.brewsfornewavenues.org/#!2015-event/crer for full details and General Admission tickets (beginning 7/1).

Kegs from:
Basecamp
Breakside
Brekeriet
Brouwerij Maximus
Cantillon
Cascade
Crooked Stave
de Garde Brewing
De Molen
De Struise
Deschutes
Freigeist
Het Uiltje
North Coast
Oersoep
Ramses Bier
Rooie Dop
Sixpoint
The Commons
Tilquin
Upright
Victory
and many more coming...

2015 Live Auction
Grote Dorst 2008 Magnum
The famous lambic café Grote Dorst bottled a blend after their 2008 event The Night of the Great Thirst. Only 15 Magnums were released. This is a blend of the following: Boon Joenk 2008, Boon 2007, Boon 2006, Boon 2005, De Troch Joenk April 2008, 3F April 2007, Girardin Joenk 2008, Lindemans Joenk 2008, Lindemans 2005, Mort Subite September 2006, and Oud Beersel November 2006.

Cantillon Assemblage De L'amitie (Wild Friendship Blend)
Collaboration between Cantillon, Allagash and Russian River. This is from the first bottling which was blended at Cantillon, bottled in 2014 and for on site consumption only during Quintessence. No bottles were sold to go. The blend consists of 1/3 Cantillon Lambic, 1/3 Allagash Coolship Resergum, and 1/3 Russian River Sonambic.

Cantillon Pineau d'Aunis
A fruit lambic brewed with Pineau d'Aunis grapes from the Loire valley. A similar beer was released for Zwanze 2011. This is a slightly different version which was bottled in 2014 and is only available for onsite consumption at Cantillon.

Toppling Goliath Set
A collection of beers from Toppling Goliath which will include Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout (KBBS), the number 1 and 2 beers in the world according to Rate Beer and Beer Advocate, respectively.

Abyss Vertical 2006 – 2014

Alpine Set
The set includes Chez Monus, Kiwi Herman, and Great along with seasonal releases.

De Garde Package
A collection of beers from De Garde which will include The Lily, Archer, 3S, Side Project Desay Pinot, Side Project Desay Chard, Lee Kriek, Vin Lee, Lee Noir, Current Gin Bu, Black Raz Bu, Imp Apricot Bu b1, and Imp Vin Bu Melange

ABOUT NEW AVENUES FOR YOUTH:
Since 1997, New Avenues for Youth has offered programs and services that empower homeless youth to exit street life. New Avenues believes that every young person should have food, shelter, and access to education and job training. New Avenues for Youth's mission is to work in partnership with the Portland community to prevent youth homelessness and provide homeless and at-risk young people with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives.

Last edited:
And some silent auction items for those attending the VIP:

2015 Silent Auction

Drie Fonteinen lot
Hommage 14, Framboos 14, Kriek 14, and Scharbeekse Kriek 2011

Upright
One in the Tree - a unique farmhouse saison blend brewed with rye and aged in an Oregon wine cask with local nectarines and Brett c. Released only at Brews 2015.

Base Camp Special Blend
An exclusive bottling for Brews for New Avenues 2015.

De Garde 3L bottles
Once again we will have a select few 3L bottles from our friends at De Garde Brewing.

Hill Farmstead
Special assortment from Hill Farmstead.

Goose Island
Rare Bourbon County Brand Stout

Southeast
Package includes beers from Olde Hickory, Wicked Weed, Green Man, and Conquest

Cantillon
Various bottles

The Bruery

Hair of the Dog
(vintage package)

Cascade
(vintage package)

Crooked Stave

Block 15
Imagine

. . . and more to come!

The extremely generous/awesome donation from Toppling Goliath is in hand:
4uQCtXJ.jpg

Updated keg list, in the coming weeks we will start to announce the beers from the following breweries:

Basecamp
Block 15
Boneyard
Breakside
Brekeriet (SE)
Brouwerij Maximus (NL)
Cantillon (BE)
Cascade
Coalition
Crooked Stave
De Dochter van de Korenaar (BE)
de Garde Brewing
De Molen (NL)
De Struise (BE)
Deschutes
Double Mountain
Freigeist (DE)
Fyne Ales (UK)
Gravity
Le Trou du Diable (CA)
North Coast
Oedipus (NL)
Oersoep (NL)
Ramses Bier (NL)
Renaissance (NZ)
Rooie Dop (NL)
Sixpoint
Solera
The Commons
Tilquin (BE)
Upright
Victory
waiting on a few more confirmations:)

Cheers
Don

That magnum... insane.

Really excited to get down there. Happy to meet up with any TB members over the weekend, just message me on here!

Amazing event. I had a lot of fun as a first timer. Really enjoyed the kegs and it was fantastic to hear that New Avenues smashed their goal of $50,000. Hopefully we hear the final number soon! Was glad to be a part of the money raising as well as the bidding. Nice meeting some folks there as well!

Amazing event. I had a lot of fun as a first timer. Really enjoyed the kegs and it was fantastic to hear that New Avenues smashed their goal of $50,000. Hopefully we hear the final number soon! Was glad to be a part of the money raising as well as the bidding. Nice meeting some folks there as well!

I saw 57,000 on Facebook, but that may have just been an estimate. Hope it's on the high side of that.

You all are amazing! We love you!

Every year it gets better and better, the support from our amazing volunteers, the sponsors, our wonderful brewery donations; they just keep stepping up the game.

And you all!!! You killed us w donations and support and wonderful bids!

I hope you all enjoyed the beer, the food, the auction lots, location etc... We are continuously striving to improve.

$57,000 is our current total and it might go up just a bit. This is huge for New Avenues and will go towards programs to help foster, homeless, and at-risk youth through education, job training, counseling and transitional housing programs. The awareness we have raised and the dedication from all of you is astounding. I am really touched.

Thank you, a million times thank you, all so much on behalf of Jeremy, James, Andy, Jessica and the entire NAfY family!

See you next year!!!!

If you want more info about New Avenues or want to know other ways to be involved please contact me.

Cheers
Don

Hands down my favorite "beer event" to go to each year. Don't know that I'll ever be told again that we need to hurry and finish a keg of Cantillon so that the Tilquin can be tapped for a gueuze and oyster pairing

Thanks! Also, I had just as much fun giving that announcement as you did hearing it. :)

Back