Bruery PiAPT and 2TD?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Help' started by runlikealope, Nov 7, 2016.

1. runlikealope

runlikealope

I'm short these 2 for the xmas set. What does this shit even go for these days? Not the barrel aged ones. I don't even know why the fuck I'm doing this. Half these beers weren't great to begin with and I'm sure will be even worse in 3 years but looking to do the whole thing anyways. Was going to just pour them all in an office water cooler and cuvée that shit anyways. But srs haven't seen these on the boards in a long time. If you have some old ass faded bruery let me know

PrinceCasual, JulianB, ant880 and 2 others like this.
  2. drgarage

drgarage

All I can chime in with is that there is a lot more 2TD than PiaPT...

tosh and gregkoko like this.
  3. Because you want to collect them all. Because you want to drive down the perceived value of the 2 hardest beers to get out of the set. Because you want the value of the beers to factor in taste more than the collector demand.

Reality: Almost nobody has those beers because of taste. It is because of the collector/complete set mindset. If you want them, you will likely have to obtain them based on the collector/complete set value instead of what their "taste" is.

4. TommyShitt

TommyShitt

[​IMG]
    DAMN

5. StevonHanby

StevonHanby

Am I the only one that thinks they're going to release them all once the set is complete? I would assume they would have a vintage sale for society members.

6. neorunner

neorunner

I once sent one in a blind bif...

ridglens

Brez07, Beerontwowheels and flexabull like this.
  7. stakem

stakem

There was a time when I would have thought the same. But I think they had a cellar sale/stress test for their site and oversold them and said something to the effect of fuck, sorry we dont have any more. To then pull some out strictly for the sake of set sales at the end/completion would be a real dick move.

But to do a redux and rebrew them all as a set would be kinda neat.

KevSal, Brez07, Wassailwilly and 2 others like this.
  8. Usofar

Usofar

That and they wanted to liquidate what they could to avoid taking on more debt when they opened Terruex and put in the new bottling line. I think it's less likely that they would sell the whole set, but rather they would host a party where they pour them all.

9. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

Owned. I love it.

beerandraiderfan likes this.
  10. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast

PiaPT wasn't even good in 2010. I can only imagine how awfully it has aged. In another 5(?) years? Woof.

luwak, jtmartino, JulianB and 5 others like this.
  11. Wassailwilly

Wassailwilly

I for one cannot wait I have managed to collect two bottles of each except Piapt . For better or worse that is going the offering at my Winter Ale fest in 3 years. Too bad it isnt the 25th but #24 aint too bad.
    Looking for that CHEERS glass still btw ....Anyone have one ? I have some glasswhales still kicking around

Usofar likes this.
  12. Lutter

Lutter

FWIW I had the Barrel-Aged PiaPT randomly at a bottle share like... prolly 5 years back (before it was cool)... and it was really really fucking good.

luwak likes this.
  13. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini

It was very tasty back in the day, but based on the recent Bruery experiences I've had with the first year or two of bottlings, I'd say they have very little chance of not having massive oxidation at this point.

They admitted (and I'm too lazy to find it) that they changed bottling lines from something much more similar to a homebrew setup to a full on commercial system by the time the 3rd anniversary rolled around, and the bottles from that point on should hold on a lot better than some of those early batches (Partridge, Two Turtle Doves, Leuvd's, etc...).

beerindex and mateoloco like this.
  14. ABSTRACTlegend

ABSTRACTlegend

sounds like something that the bruery would do for sure

Wassailwilly likes this.
  15. factory

factory

Local Bruery whore (and Hoarder) is collecting the whole set, barrel aged and not, then planning to have people join him to share them all in 4 years. And yeah, he actually has BA PiaPT.

I think he's planning to charge for the share......not convinced after reading this thread that it would be worth the price of admission.

beerindex and mateoloco like this.
  16. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

What is he going to charge out of curiosity?

17. factory

factory

I guess it will depend on the quantity of folks. He referenced $75-$100

18. JulianB

JulianB

There was a similar thread about this recently, and honestly your best bet at this point, especially for PiaPT, might be to go the MyBeerCellar route. The beer isn't especially expensive by the standards of that site, and it's probably a lot easier to just grab one on there for cash than to find someone who has one for trade and who wants stuff you have for their really old beer they've held on to for years. You'll get it "cheaper" on MBC because there it's likely being sold by someone who is either out of/getting out of beer, or has hoarded way too much shit and doesn't want more beer in return for it.

luwak, beerindex and jtmartino like this.
  19. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

Damn. Seems kind of fucked up to charge people admission to your share.

Photekut and mateoloco like this.
  20. factory

factory

I think he's looking to recover some of the cost or is perhaps perceiving it as a super desirable thing. Sure as hell wouldn't need more bottles, given it's a set of 24 to start.

mateoloco likes this.