Bruery Reserve Society 2014 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domtronzero

Reaction score
I felt the need to create a new thread for the new year.

Recently released to Hoarders (and Reserve?) members as of this morning:

Chocolate Rain
Q-T1nBiesk3_G4B3n44rs8XC7Gwh7mYifuerVU45mOnL-EOAUcB9hlwfq4785K9fCV-8kHdCmD01wX0gbPXs4SOVA3YU4cPiR6NABZeJ4ba0Qg=s0-d-e1-ft

18.5% abv

$39.99 (before your discount)

Purchase Limit: 8 bottles

Society Exclusive

2 bottles are already included in your membership!

If you aren't already familiar with Chocolate Rain, it's time to get to know her, because she's about to become your best friend. Originally created as a single cask conditioned version of our Black Tuesday imperial stout for one of our release parties several years ago, Chocolate Rain has now taken on a life of her own. The base beer is a select few bourbon barrels of our imperial stout that can range anywhere from 16-21% in alcohol. Once those barrels are chosen, we spend an entire day slicing fresh vanilla beans to add to those barrels along with cacao nibs that are sourced by San Francisco based TCHO chocolatier. After a few months soaking up those rich, dessert-like flavors, the barrels are blended to taste and the result is one of the most decadent beers that we make. Rich in chocolate, vanilla, oak and bourbon, it truly puts the 'imperial' in imperial stout.
100/100 Points on BeerAdvocate.com
100/100 Points on RateBeer.com

Sour in the Rye
QfFgFunnMevrlNEHd23o8MU6YGwqtvnvvWvUDpGLnQDC3ToPtXEpYp9pYqHTUMDyTvisLflRyJj6Uv0H5Sxqo4_O3g5O9J-eTUEWZjaNsGTxmA=s0-d-e1-ft

7.6% abv

$19.99 (before your discount)

Purchase Limit: 6 bottles

This beer will see national distribution

Sour in the Rye is an American wild ale. A challenging beer to brew due to the substantial amount of rye malt, but you'll be glad we took the time. The character of the rye asserts itself with clove and pepper in the aroma and flavor, and contributes a full body not generally found in sour beers. Pleasantly sour with notes of tart cherry, rustic earth and vanilla notes from a year-plus of barrel aging.

Mocha Wednesday
XsfYk9wbyZ0XJXJ6eQMgGW5y29UWX4ul191KTBu4TP405CaddpEYPYTVLrY356kyzMKLMnI_aVQkxogRGROt3BJ5uhWh9kb-3eM7SFfrk28AgQ=s0-d-e1-ft

19.2% abv

$39.99 (before your discount)

Purchase Limit: 6 bottles

Hoarders Society Exclusive
2 bottles are already included in your membership!

Mocha Wednesday is the perfect follow up to a BlackTuesday. We've taken our bourbon barrel aged imperial stout and added cacao nibs from San Francisco based TCHO along with freshly roasted coffee from OC's own Portola Coffee Lab. The result is an invigorating version of our popular stout; layered with notes of rustic dark chocolate and bold, fruity coffee beans.

Does anyone know what the "initiation package" for Hoarders is? Also, are these bottles ready to be picked up? After drinking a Grey Monday last night I want these beers inside me ASAP.

How long will Chocolate Rain will hang around for?

I need a week before I have room in my budget :(

Plus all of what's included in the RS initiation package, right?
I forgot to add Sans Pagaie. But nobody cares about that beer.

From the Hoarders Welcome email that came out Jan 2:

Included with your membership, you have 4 beers that will be ready to pick up on January 7th. This initial package of beers includes Bois, Sans Pagaie™, 2 bottles of Chocolate Rain® and 2 bottles ofMocha Wednesday™!

Mocha Wednesday.... HUGE rager right now

those who've had it, i'm imagining choco rain with a melange8-type coffee addition. am i close?
it might be my favorite beer, like ever.

Huh, not sure I got that e-mail. Regardless, 6 bottles in the allocation package plus 14 more to buy is an awkward number. Stupid Bruery, make these things multiples of six!

they want you to buy 4 bottles of SitR ;)

Mocha Wednesday.... HUGE rager right now

those who've had it, i'm imagining choco rain with a melange8-type coffee addition. am i close?
it might be my favorite beer, like ever.
DDB reviewed it briefly somewhere.
they want you to buy 4 bottles of SitR ;)
THEN THEY CAN GO **** THEMSELVES. My goal for Hoarders this year is to buy no sours.

DDB reviewed it briefly somewhere.

I saw that review, got my panties wet and now want to hear more!

THEN THEY CAN GO **** THEMSELVES. My goal for Hoarders this year is to buy no sours.

a good goal, unless they keep killing it... i even skipped wanderer but **** every time i have a XII or kumkuat i get all warm inside... $16 credit card dollars are just too easy to send away

a good goal, unless they keep killing it... i even skipped wanderer but **** every time i have a XII or kumkuat i get all warm inside... $16 credit card dollars are just too easy to send away

They're good, but I'd rather have lambic, and it's about the same price. Plus I have enough of those to last the year.

Huh, not sure I got that e-mail. Regardless, 6 bottles in the allocation package plus 14 more to buy is an awkward number. Stupid Bruery, make these things multiples of six!
You can always balance out your order with Saison Rue or Mischief, in case you forgot those beer are still online for sale.

Noob question: Are the bottles that are allocated to you available for purchase up until the 31st, or is it limited quantities, and they might be gone a week from now?

Noob question: Are the bottles that are allocated to you available for purchase up until the 31st, or is it limited quantities, and they might be gone a week from now?
They are available for purchase until the 31st. They haven't run out before, so while I can't be certain that they'll never run out on accident, it seems highly unlikely.

They set aside enough bottles for every member to buy full allocations. There is no need to worry about them selling out before you get the chance to make your allocation purchases before the deadline.

Bought my 4 Bottles of CR just now. I'm passing on SiTR as I'm not a fan (cherry was awesome last year though). No Mocha Wednesday for me (I'm only RS) I was about $20 short of the HS requirement last year.well, the rumored requirement. I think I spent $1280 right before the cutoff happened so didn't get an invite. oh well. It's for the best.

Bought my 4 Bottles of CR just now. I'm passing on SiTR as I'm not a fan (cherry was awesome last year though). No Mocha Wednesday for me (I'm only RS) I was about $20 short of the HS requirement last year.well, the rumored requirement. I think I spent $1280 right before the cutoff happened so didn't get an invite. oh well. It's for the best.

SitR was with Kumquats (and Peach for Hoarders). Oude Tart was with cherries

My wallet is hurting with this Mocha Wednesday and Chocolate Rain, but at least next month I will give them like $40 at most, if that, given the February allocations

My wallet is hurting with this Mocha Wednesday and Chocolate Rain, but at least next month I will give them like $40 at most, if that, given the February allocations

I like their site broke down expected allocations by month! That really helps me budget things out a bit better. Would have liked access to Mocha Wednesday, even just one bottle.

I was about $20 short of the HS requirement last year.well, the rumored requirement.
How did this rumor start? I have heard nothing of it until now. Did a supposed Bruery employee leak it? Was this speculation by someone on the forums? Just curious is all.

How did this rumor start? I have heard nothing of it until now. Did a supposed Bruery employee leak it? Was this speculation by someone on the forums? Just curious is all.
Once people got the invitations in August or whenever I heard of the $1200 cut off, no clue how it started but idk how true it is. I know someone that had 2 RS memberships and spent pretty evenly on both, he wasn't close to $1200 on either and got 1 invite only

Once people got the invitations in August or whenever I heard of the $1200 cut off, no clue how it started but idk how true it is. I know someone that had 2 RS memberships and spent pretty evenly on both, he wasn't close to $1200 on either and got 1 invite only
Adam Jackson say she spent $1280. I had a friend that has been RS since day one get a Hoarders invite last year. He bought $300 worth of beer last year.

I really think the algorithm is much more complex than how much money was spent.

It was on the BA Forums, people kept comparing spending totals and if they got invited or not so whatever that number was ($1200 or $1300), I remember looking at my account and being like one bottle of Saison Rue short or something like that.

And I wanna say that you shouldn't look at my post as fact. I'm just re-hashing what was on BA's forums last July / August. Some people saying that visiting the tasting room also helps and stuff like that. I would have liked an invite but in retrospect, I think living outside of California, being in Hoarders would be murder on my beer & shipping budget. Picking up those beers in person is different than asking ehammond1 to ship me 12 bottles of beer every single month.

I like their site broke down expected allocations by month! That really helps me budget things out a bit better. Would have liked access to Mocha Wednesday, even just one bottle.

A trade could easily be worked out if you want some Mocha Wednesday. Feel free to send me a message.

Fellow RS member here! I'm looking for anyone not maxing their allocation of Mocha Wednesday. Help me out please, I'd love to get my hands on one! I can pass along a nice beer depending on your likes as well.

Back