Bruery Societies 2016 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABSTRACTlegend

Reaction score
i did it guys!

Zj9wjUe.gif

THIS MONTH'S ALLOCATIONS
The following beers are available to order any time between now and Friday, January 22. Other than initial packages, pickups and deliveries begin Monday, January 11.

Mocha Wednesday
Poterie - Scotch Barrel-Aged
Room for Me™
Chupacabra Quinceañera™
So Happens It's Tuesday™
Chronology:6 Wee Heavy
Les Ronces
Batch No. 1731™

Mocha Wednesday™
Mocha Wednesday is the perfect follow-up to Black Tuesday®, adding layers of artisan dark chocolate and bold coffee flavors, especially when consumed fresh, thanks to cacao nibs from San Francisco-based TCHO and freshly roasted coffee from OC’s own Portola Coffee Lab.
19.4% ABV
Society Exclusive; Limit 8

Poterie™ - Scotch Barrel-Aged
Poterie is French for “pottery”, the traditional eight-year anniversary gift. Our eighth anniversary ale, Poterie, follows in the footsteps of our anniversary releases before it, which are loosely based on an English-style old ale and fermented with our house yeast strain. This edition was 100% aged in oak barrels that previously held Scotch, imparting a subtle smoky complexity to complement the robust flavors of toffee, caramel, dark fruit, vanilla and oak. Poterie will age gracefully for decades when cellared properly.
14.8% ABV
Society Exclusive; Limit 6

Room for Me™
We all know the old adage: “when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” But what do you do when your friends at Masumoto Family Farms deliver a fresh harvest of juicy nectarines? You stop what you’re doing and join coworkers from all areas of the company at Bruery Terreux to carve up nectarines to make a small batch, limited edition, fruited sour. Nectarines with a sour blonde ale aged in oak: it’s the perfect fit.
5.9% ABV
Hoarders Release; Limit 3

Chupacabra Quinceañera™
Chupacabra Quinceañera is a refreshing 100% Brett-fermented blonde beer bursting with clean tropical aroma from the unique brett strain used for fermentation. These notes are complemented with the subtle use of Simcoe and Amarillo hops, which add layers of tangerine and passionfruit. It's quite the party.
4.9% ABV
Hoarders Release; Limit 3

So Happens It's Tuesday™
Our infamous Black Tuesday® stout is named in honor of the great stock market crash of 1929. So Happens It’s Tuesday is similarly dark and delicious, but in a more affable format, reminding us that there is always a bit of good to be found within the bad. Things happen, life goes on. This beer can be enjoyed in all of those moments and seasons.
14% ABV
Pre-public release (1/12); Limit 6

Chronology:6™ Wee Heavy
We’re at it again with Old Father Time for a new Chronology Series™ - a Scotchology, if you will, with a base resembling a Scotch-style ale. In this installment, we brewed a wee heavy - known for rich, malt-forward flavors - and set it to age in bourbon barrels. Every six months, we’ll take a quarter of the barrels, blend them and bottle them. This first bottling represents the nuances imparted to the base beer after six months of barrel aging.
13.7% ABV

Les Ronces™
Loosely translated as "The Brambles", Les Ronces is rooted in Southern California charm. The juicy fruit was commercially brought to life near Bruery Terreux at Knott's farm in Buena Park, California in the early 1930s. Since their peak in popularity, the berries have become more scarce and elusive, and at the same time, an ideal cohort for our wildly traditional bière™. In Les Ronces, the boysenberries impart a reddish-purple hue to the oak-aged ale, with their sweet-tart flavor profile complementing the sour blonde base in a light jammy, puckering and refreshing fashion.
6% ABV

Batch No. 1731™
Batch No. 1731 is a 100% brettanomyces-fermented hoppy session ale created by homebrewer Kevin Osborne of Los Angeles. When we judged through all of our competition entries, his complex yet quaffable creation shouted WINNER! (as well as tropical!, funky! and dry!). It puts El Dorado, Mosaic and Chinook hops on a pedestal as much as one possibly could.
5.1% ABV
Limited; Limit 6

ON THE HORIZON
The next one to three months

THE BRUERY
White Mocha™, Or Xata™, Chocolate Rain®, White Oak™

BRUERY TERREUX
Filmishmish®, Sourrento™, Blue BBLs®, Frucht™ (the first installment in our series of fruited Berliner Weisses)

Its pretty rare that I am upset about not being HS as I never max out my RS allocation as it is, but I'm definitely bummed about missing out on Room for Me. If by any chance one of you HS members is not planning to max out on that I would love to get a bottle and make it worth your while.

Veritas 015 had nectarines, but that wasn't the only fruit in it. So yeah Room For Me sounds pretty interesting.

Just had Palace of Cracked Heads from Modern Times last weekend, and it is a phenomenal nectarine sour (and was better than the Veritas 15 we had alongside it).

Just had Palace of Cracked Heads from Modern Times last weekend, and it is a phenomenal nectarine sour (and was better than the Veritas 15 we had alongside it).
Palace of Cracked Heads is great but I think Palace of Paper Sacks is even better. The fruit character is off the charts ridiculous. Matsumoto nectarines can't single-handedly make a beer good, but they can damn sure put a good beer over the top.

Good looking crop. Don't know if I've ever seen a nectarine sour.

Veritas 015 had nectarines, but that wasn't the only fruit in it. So yeah Room For Me sounds pretty interesting.

Palace of Cracked Heads is great but I think Palace of Paper Sacks is even better. The fruit character is off the charts ridiculous. Matsumoto nectarines can't single-handedly make a beer good, but they can damn sure put a good beer over the top.

Modern Times Palace of Paper Sacks, The Bruery Room for Me, and Highland Park Brewery Occupied Space were all made using Masumoto nectarines (a couple of different varietals of nectarines, though). Just FYI.

Many of the delicious peach/stonefruit beers coming out of Southern California over the last 5 years have had Masumoto nectarines in addition to Masumoto peaches (and sometimes other fruit as well). Lost Abbey Veritas 011, Veritas 013, Veritas 015, Craftsman Stone Fruit Sour, The Bruery Sour in the Rye Peach (Batch 1), Toolbox Handful of Peter, Council Imperial Beatitude, Hoparazzi Mission Impechable, Highland Park Lazy Susan...

More delicious peach/nectarine beers in the works!

Modern Times Palace of Paper Sacks, The Bruery Room for Me, and Highland Park Brewery Occupied Space were all made using Masumoto nectarines (a couple of different varietals of nectarines, though). Just FYI.

Many of the delicious peach/stonefruit beers coming out of Southern California over the last 5 years have had Masumoto nectarines in addition to Masumoto peaches (and sometimes other fruit as well). Lost Abbey Veritas 011, Veritas 013, Veritas 015, Craftsman Stone Fruit Sour, The Bruery Sour in the Rye Peach (Batch 1), Toolbox Handful of Peter, Council Imperial Beatitude, Hoparazzi Mission Impechable, Highland Park Lazy Susan...

Stone fruit pimp.

Did one of those Masumoto Council creeps get to you too?

5K1KYlS.gif

2 beers for February.. even for Hoarders? Not that I won't be ordering a few.

not unless patrick rue decides to totally **** over the societies, laugh at them publicly, and caps these with a homebrewers' wing capper.
I gotta read the J Wakefield thread, this sounds horrible. But it's Florida, so there has to be worse things.

Can anyone help out as trustee for me this month? Regular trustee is swamped and I dun forgot that 2015 bottles need picked up this month.

Back